5. Jealousy

The room had been silent for five minutes, not even deathly, but vacuum-like.

After the demon told Fujiwara about that meeting and about the task for him, more precisely, for Ren herself, the girl froze in place, at first looking at Douma emptily and coldly, and then her gaze seemed to start to seep somewhere through the blond. Worried, he shook his consort, thinking that her heart had stopped from such a shock, but she just stared in nowhere. No thoughts, no questions.

All her mind was occupied with oni's words. They were beating there like butterflies against the glass, touching the walls with their wings, which caused a small vibration of trembling throughout the body. After some time of such "imprisonment" they still burst out, and gradually the girl began to come to realization. So did they find out? Find out everything...

Maybe not everything, though.

However, they already know what Ren was doing. And the Demon Lord Muzan demands to cooperate — to return back to the Slayers and treacherously set them up, giving Kibutsuji's henchmen the address of the headquarters.

It's strange... Why didn't Douma talk about this earlier? He's such a show lover, after all. And now the forefather himself has already begun to threaten his "creation", who had been silent for so long. For some reason, the rainbow-eyed began to develop the rudiments of fear, he generally became more sensual, truly sensual. For example, he already could give nervous smiles or sincere light chuckles at Fujiwara-Quincy's jokes. The emotions had been disappearing from his face in a fraction of a second, but you can't undo the fact — something that had been motionless for hundreds of years had turned over in the Upper Moon 2.

If he had told this in time, there would have been no fear at all. He would clearly enjoyed everything that had been happening. And now the very reason for delaying the news was already straining. He was afraid to say. A damn psychopath with an icy, literally, heart, who worried about... what? Some girl's attitude to him? Nonsense. He didn't care that he was hated by all the other Kizuki and feared by the parishioners, so why was he so concerned about her humble person?

That's what Ren thought, trying to find the key to the obvious. She couldn't and didn't want to believe that this demon was capable of anything more than sugary smiles. If he was capable, he'd be dead already. And he certainly wouldn't have reached the place of the Upper Rank.

Actually, the girl was already getting angry. What's wrong with him? He shouldn't have acted like this, he ruined everything. Isn't he afraid at all to anger Kibutsuji and be killed by him?! This is the most shameful death for a demon.

Haha, he is afraid now.

But still, her plan was adjusted to the old game, and there was no time for any drastic changes. Quincy hadn't expected many of the things that had happened between her and Douma, therefore she'd quickly reshaped some of the points, but the result hadn't led to failure yet. Judging by the blond's demeanor, she did everything even too well.

How convenient it is to strive for a goal, being insane. The hazel-eyed have never had an emergency brake. That's why she was the best. Almost in everything. But not in being a real girl.

As she once again noticed to herself, oni loved performances, although she doubted that he had ever been to one. These small home sketches greatly entertained and amused the owner of the temple, but girl's acting was incredible and it was the case when the actor was believed. And as a result, the show ceased to be distinguished from reality.

The brown-haired rushed at her husband, and he fell on his back in surprise, opening his eyes wide. The girl began to pound her spouse on the chest and try to scratch his face, but he, even if he turned away from particularly dangerous movements, didn't try to do anything else.