Chapter 1: Discovery

No one's pov :

It was late, the castle was quiet, everyone was asleep..well...Almost everyone.

Cross snuck out of his room after he  heard a glass break and decided to check out what it was. Not even a minute later he heard someone whisper yell things like "be quiet!" And "you're gonna wake them up!!"

Once he was at the door of the room where he heard the whispers he slightly opened the door so he could see who was speaking, turns out it was his parents.

Out of curiosity he decided to listen to what they were saying.

"So...why did you wanted to talk about ? And at this hour" His father said. "The kids are asleep and everyone is too tired to listen" responded his mother.
"You remember our son's condition right ?" Cross imediatly knew she was talking about ink, he watched his father nod. "And why we choosed him to to 'take' our place has ruler" the king noded again "Well let me tell you that everyone is totaly clueless about 'it', even the captain of the guard !"
A huge smile appeared on the king's face. Cross didn't understand, what did his mother mean by that ? Everyone knew that ink was going to take his parent's place so what was this discution about ?? "Wow are they really THAT stupid" said the king, he chuckled after saying that. Rude, that's what Cross though.

After a few minutes of talking they exposed what they would do to others and their plan..."he'll be like our little puppet and will do anything that we will say with this!" said the queen, holding the controler for ink's sash,giggling like a maniac. "And if he dies ?" Asked her husband. "Too bad. We'll just try it with Cross after".

...

He didn't belived it. He never though that his parents only cared about power to the point were they wouldn't care if one of their son die.

Cross quietly closed the door, runned to his brother's room.

And did what needed to be done

"Ink, Ink!!" Cross whisper yelled, shaking his brother. "Ink wake up!"
Ink's eyes were barely open when he asked "what do you want Cross?" "Y-you- they..umm.." Cross panicked more and more which caused his brother to be confused. "What ??" Ink asked, still half asleep.

Cross panicked, then, an idea came to his head. "You need to get dressed and when you're done come outside okay ?" Cross said, suddently confident. "Why?" Ink asked while getting up. "Just do it." Responded cross, "okay, okay" Ink got up and go to his closet while Cross got out.

Once Ink was done he followed his brother's instruction and sneaked into the castle's garden. "Does mother and father even know about this?" Was the first thing he said. Cross' smile faded by the question about his parents. "No.." was his respond "we are gonna get in trouble" Ink said.
"So what is it, why did you want me outside in the middle of the night, our parents don't know, everyone is half asleep, we are fourteen years old and nobody can notice us" Ink asked. "You're gonna run away." Cross said with a serious tone ".............WHAT !?" Ink yelled "shhhhhhhh!!" Cross try to keep him quiet to not get someone's attention, failling "WHY ON EARTH WOULD I DO THAT !??" "Stop yelling!"

After a few seconds of silence ink asked "why do you want me to run away." "....." Cross was thinking of what he was going to say, whatever it was, it needed to be convincing.

"Just....trust me okay..it....it's not safe anymore here" Cross explained "why??" Ink was confused, why did he think that? What was his reason? "It's....moth-Elicia and Irio." Cross said refusing to call the king and queen ' mother and father' they are not his parents anymore. "You discovered something about them? Is that why you are saying that?" Ink suddently felt uneasy, what did his brother discovered, and why does it cause him to want to run away.

Cross nodded, " where would we even go?" Ink asked "Ink."
"Mhm?"
"I'm staying here."
Ink's 'eyes' widened "..what..?"
"I'm staying here, you running away would already be a big event, so both of us? People would go crazy. Plus i don't want their rein to continue, and you are too manipulable to be with them. So that's why i'm staying here." Cross said almost tearing up at the though of not being with his brother again,Ink on the other hand was already doing so. "O-okay...........i'll miss you.." Ink said "i'll miss you too.." Cross responded as he created a portal to another universe. "But...hey...it's gonna be okay" he hugged Ink and after a few seconds he let him go.

Ink walked towards the portal, still tearing up, he stopped right in front of it. He turned his head to look at Cross, smiled, and said.."goodbye Brother..." and walked throught it.

"Bye....." Cross responded, tearing up and walked back into the castle.