Chapter 13

Third PoV

The next day, Suna accompanied Hinata to school. They separated once they arrived, because Shoyo wanted to go to the gym before the others to check on the stuff and set up the net.

When he arrived he began to settle things calmly, trying not to see force his leg.

He tried to place the balls in place so they were ready for practice, but they were too heavy to carry.

He was succeeding in his feat, but he had to wince when he suddenly felt a sharp pain in his leg, which made him lose his balance. If he didn't dodged it quickly, all of the stuff would have fallen over him.

Aran's PoV

I was on my way to the gym, when I saw the door already open.

'I'm sure we closed everything yesterday. I-is there a ghost? Nonono... Ghosts don't exist'.

I shuddered thinking that there was definitely a ghost, as it was still too early for anyone on the team to arrive.

I took all my courage and entered, seeing the net already set up and in the corner of the room a large ball rack, moving by itself.

...

'Nobody is moving it! I'm sure it's the ghost. Oh my... What should I do?! What do I do?!'

I was panicking until I saw someone with orange hair wince behind the ball rack. 'Hinata-san?'

I was approaching about to release a sigh of relief, but I had to hold it back seeing all that stuff fall in Hinata's direction.

I ran as fast as possible and I used my body as a shield. Fortunately, the impact did not cause any damage, 'If I got hurt, I should have listened to Kita's lecture. I've been lucky.'

"Are you hurt, senpai?", he stiffened and asked me worried. 'So cute'.
"Nono, don't worry. What about you?".

He relaxed and said: "I'm fine. Thank you so much!"
"No problem. The important thing is that nobody got hurt".
"Wahh, you're so cool, Aran-senpai!", he exclaimed making me blush.

'does he think I'm cool?... Wait I have a weird feeling of déjà vu (A/N: or dejavu, I don't know how to write it)... Better not have high hopes'.

~Flashback~

Around fifth grade, I took part in a volleyball seminar where I first met the Miya twins, who were both fourth-graders at that time. I had overheard them talking about how they thought I was cool, but soon after I heard that they thought my foreign sounding name was cool.

Honestly, I was a little disappointed to hear that.

~Back to present~

'Yeah... He's definitely talking about my name, I shouldn't expect too much'. I sighed and wondered what was so cool about a foreign sounding name, without realizing I said it aloud.

"Well your name is cool too, but I wasn't talking about that!".

'Huh?'

"I was talking about how you saved me and the fact that you are an ace! I really wish I were like you... Like 'Pwooh'! I really admire you so much, senpai!"

'What does that even mean? Even yesterday he was saying incomprehensible words... But the fact that he wants to be like me... Argh, he's so lovely and respectful!'

I blushed furiously and, to hide it, I hugged him tightly, putting my head on his shoulder.

"S-senpai?! Are you okay?"

When I felt stared, I let him go and slowly turned around. I gulped as soon as I saw the silent treatment of Kita, who had arrived later than me, as he had to speak to the coaches.

"Good morning, Kita-senpai!"
Of course no one could ignore my oblivious kohai, in fact Kita greeted him.

I'm glad Kita is finally showing his emotions, but I'd prefer if that feeling wasn't jealousy...

As if that wasn't enough, the rest of the team began to enter the gym, noting the short distance between me and Hinata. 'Oh my-...'

Luckily coach Kurosu came in and ordered us to go warm up.

'I know this will spell my end, but I have to do it'.

A little while ago, before the captain entered, I noticed that Hinata was holding his leg, trying not to show his pain.
I guess his leg hurts, but he doesn't want to worry us.

I respect his decision, but I want to help him.
This is why I picked him up and carried him bridal style all the way to the bench.

He let out a small scream of surprise and looked at me in confusion, with a pink tint to his cheeks.

.
.
.

✨Aran x Hinata sailed, too ✨

How was this chapter? I hope you liked it! ❤️

It's finally Saturday, so I can rest today (Luckily I don't have school at Saturday).   (ू•ᴗ•ू❁)