Chapter - 10

Louis watched the crowd as the nobles laughed and danced the night away. As a kid he wished he could attend one of these. He still remember climbing the loft in the middle of the night one day, almost giving his mother a heart attack just to watch the palace. For his little heart the beautiful chandeliers and elegant suits and gowns were the epitome of happiness.

Now standing behind the long velvet curtains he scanned the crowd waiting for a moment to strike his plan into action. He still can't believe the fact that he agreed for this. He had spent the entire night trying to convince himself that he is doing this for his sisters, for all the omegas out there.

But somewhere in his mind the omega inside him is trying to deduce a different reason apart from this that had been messing with his mind. Louis spotted Harry interacting with the crowd, every movement competent and knowing. His billowing robes, enchanting character and the dominance that dusted off him made every head turn, every knee to buckle. 

Louis felt the uneasiness sweeping into him, when he saw the alpha talking to another beta, his small body wrapped around Harry. The omega whined inside him, of course royals will have mistresses . But somehow the idea repulsed him, the uneasiness increasing with each and every giggle that came out of the beta.

The boy was beautiful, there was no doubt in that. His wavy blonde hair fell softly, framing his face. Louis suddenly felt a wave of insecurity running through him. He was in no way a perfect mate. He was disrespectful and loud mouthed. His skin was rough and full of scars, a sharp contrast to society's ideal beauty.

Snapping out of it Louis felt completely ridiculous. Here he is comparing himself, all he should do is get out of here. He ignored his inner omega, the part of him that came up with completely absurd feelings and ideas.

Louis turned around as one of the page boys bought the glasses of wine. He slowly slipped away from his place behind the curtains, the hemlock seed powder safely tucked in his pocket. He had spent hours and in the end decided to use hemlock one of the most poisonous plant that can cause death within fifteen minutes.

This was not new at all, the adrenalin rush that he feels when he does this. But this time it was different. He is not fighting for his life, he is trying to save the life of thousands of omegas from his filthy clutches. Swallowing the guilt Louis ignored his inner omega's turmoil just like he did all these years. He thought of the alpha as meeting his destiny and he was merely the conduit to end the alpha's repugnant life.

Walking towards the table Louis grabbed the tray of wine before slowly slipping the red powder into a cup. He nonchalantly made his way through the crowd. Moving closer he could see the face of the man, Octavian clearly. The arrogance of the nobility shining brightly in his black orbs. He could see the difference though. Harry loved the control, loved the power and dominance he could exert on his people. But the man in front of him, he loved torturing the helpless people uder him.

Louis placed the cup in front of the alpha who looked up, his lips turning into a derisive smile while his eyes scanned the boy. A small omega sat beside him, her brown eyes clouded, the beauty of it long lost in the hands of the monster in front of her. Louis could see the dark purple bruises that lined her neck.

Anger cursed through his veins, there was a feeling of animosity like acid- burning, potent. He turned around before he lose his mind and do something cretinous.

Louis watched the man as he took a sip. He tilted his cup higher, drinking the entire thing in one swig, and wiped the remaining red liquid from the bottom of his lips. Louis wondered how long it would take to go into effect, how long it would take before the alpha became dizzy or before his vision blurred together and his body went numb. How will the other nobles who support him respond? He tried to keep the thoughts off his face. Everything seems to switch into slow motion.