Super Serious Secret Agent

"Wei Ying, do I look like I am joking!?" The amber-eyed man dressed in a clown costume chides.

"Look,  I know you're a super serious secret agent or whatever, but I can't take you seriously in all that clown makeup." Wei Ying, the gorgeous man with soulful, dark, almond-shaped eyes, states, trying to stifle a laugh, "Lan Zhan, you look like you have returned from entertaining a bunch of six-year-olds at super fun birthday party." He teases, pulling his reluctant partner inside.

Unamused, for he was allergic to anything in the vicinity of fun, Lan Zhan huffs, making the rainbow-colored fake curly hair bounce and settle back on his forehead. "Why aren't you ready?" He enquires, giving his partner a once over.

"Ya, about that, I am not doing that. I am not comfortable with it." Wei Ying replies resolutely.

"Are you kidding me, Wei Ying!? Do you think I am comfortable looking like this!? Duty demands sacrifice. I did it. Now it's your turn. Go, get dressed right now!"

"FINE!" The usually cheerful agent bites out and heads inside to don his disguise; clothes of shame, he had named them.

The first time Lan Zhan had laid eyes on the happy go lucky agent, who was eager to befriend him for some reason, he had ended up with his heart stolen; it was tragically inconvenient. Because apart from hating all things fun, the super serious secret agent was emotionally constipated as well.

Furthermore, in a move that had left everyone, especially Lan Zhan bewildered, the squadron leader had partnered them, stating, "I am sure you two will get along."

They hadn't exactly gotten along.

For, the more Wei Ying had tried to get close, the more Lan Zhan had pushed him away, all the while pining for him in silence.

"Ready." Wei Ying announces.

In a body-hugging, Chinese collar,  scarlet dress with shoulder-length wavy drake tresses cascading at his side, he looks picture perfect. The look, however, is marred by his anguish stricken face.

"Do you hate it so much, Wei Ying?"

"No."

"Then what's with the face?"

Wei Ying blurts out, "I knew I never stood a chance to win your heart, but now that you have seen me looking like this...Nothing, let's go." He states coldly.

"Wait," Lan Zhan grabs the latter's wrist. And searching the younger's face, with eyes so gentle and fond that even the ridiculous amounts of makeup can't hide the emotions they hold, he asks, "Do you like me, Wei Ying?"

Wei Ying's eyes light up; he confesses, "I have been hitting on you since day one. Didn't you realize!?"

"No, I didn't, but now I do." The (not so) serious agent beams, and shedding his reservations, he embraces his partner. Finally, in a voice choked with emotion, he whispers, "Thank you."

{Word count 477}

{Word count 477}