🏀𝟰

정혜진 Jung Hye Jin

정혜진
Jung Hye Jin

I woke up in an unfamiliar place, in a bed where I saw a curly haired boy holding onto my hands tightly. It was Beomgyu.

"What are you.." I asked, widening my eyes a bit. He got a shock and jumped up happily. "You're awake! Are you okay? Does it hurt anywhere? Most importantly, are you feeling good?" he asked all at once. I let out a small smile.

"I'm okay..." I said, sitting up straight. I suddenly remembered our match and lowered my head in vain. Beomgyu seemed worried. "I'm sorry.." he said as he pouted his lips. He held my hands, making me go crazy but I didn't show it.

"Can I... make it up to you?" he asked as his eyes sparkled. I blushed and turned around, embarassed. "If you want to then sure.." He immediately whipped out his phone and played an instrumental of the song, 'Still with you' by BTS Jungkook. The way that he sang it was so sweet, my heart started to flutter.

Hear your faint voice in my head,
a distant memory
Would you please call my name one more time
just for me?
Although I stand under the sunset
frozen in time
Step by step, I will walk,
close the space between us
Still with you~
(the english translation is from A-Sharp)

His sweet voice made me fall in love with him. Not only was he attracted and a good basketball player, but a great singer. He seemed perfect. How could such beautiful human beings exist?

All alone in my ecstasy
Like in a memory,
even when I dance it rains

And by the time the mist clears up
My feet will be all wet running

Hold me close when that time comes~

His sweet angelic voice sadly had to come to an end. By then time he was finished, I was already asleep. But the lyrics lingered in my head

still with you~

I felt his hand stroke my hair. It felt like a dream I would never want to wake up.

But someone had to break the silence.

"HYEJINNIE!!! ARE YOU OKAY? WHAT HAPPE- wait, CHOI BEOMGYU?!" Mijung screamed at the top of her lungs, waking me up. Beomgyu seemed surprised, or rather angry because she ruined our moment.

"I feel like I'm interrupting something so I'm just gonna leave– bye!" Mijung said, running out of the door. It was just the two of us again. It was suddenly very awkward.

"So.. when did you start playing basketball?" Beomgyu suddenly asked. I gave a slight frown and he felt bad. "I'm sorry.." I smiled at him. "It's okay, I'm already over it"

But was I really?

"I started when I was 10, because my brother was the ace of his school and he always taught me after practice. I started getting interested in basketball. Then I met Mijung, and everyday after school I would ask her to go to the field with me so I could practice. She didn't seem to interested but still helped. I was really grateful to her." I said, scratching my neck. Beomgyu seemed interested in the story.

"I decided to join the basketball team in middle school. Our team was pretty strong, but after we met this particular team, our fame was gone." I said, remembering how that team completely thrashed us. It was the only team we couldn't beat.

"After I graduated, I heard that this school's team was really strong and the coach was great, so I immediately had it as my first option. Mijung, like always, followed me. But when I realised it was only for boys, I figured there was no way I would be able to go out there and smash the court." I sighed.

Beomgyu strokes my hair and said gently, "Just because it's for boys doesn't mean that you can't practice it. Why don't you play with me every morning before class?" he suggested, making me excited. "R-really?! I would be honoured!" I exclaimed happily as Beomgyu seemed twice happier than I was.

"Tomorrow, 5am. Don't be late!" he said, walking out of the room. "Yes sir!" I yelled.

Thank you, Choi Beomgyu.