🏀𝟯

최범규 Choi Beomgyu

최범규
Choi Beomgyu

I let Hyejin start off the match, but she insisted that I started it. Probably wasn't a good call, but she had her intentions.

I started off by dribbling the ball. Her pupils were moving right, left, up and down, like how the ball bounced. I then made a move. Despite my speed, Hyejin was still able to catch up with me. All she did was block me but didn't try to snatch the ball. I managed to get past her and dribble the ball to the hoop.

Just as I aimed and threw the ball, she ran towards it out of nowhere and hit the it back. Everyone gasped. How was she able to jump so high?

The ball rolled out of the court as the both of us panted heavily. She let out a quiet laugh. "This is why you don't underestimate me." she smirked, running towards the ball and grabbed it. "I'll let you start again," she said, tossing it to me. I catched it and laughed.

You're quite interesting, Jung Hyejin.

The second round began.

정혜진
Jung Hye Jin

The second round had started. Beomgyu started the match again by dribbling the ball. I predicts his actions as he continued dribbling the ball.

So he'll most likely move to the right. I'll just move to the opposite side and snatch it. Easy.

But I thought wrong.

He ended up faking it and went to the left. He headed straight to hoop. Dang it.

Choi Beomgyu, just the kind of opponent that I was looking for.

I wasn't fast enough and he scored a goal. Loud cheers filled the room. "Beat that, Jung Hyejin! That's our ace Choi Beomgyu, you'd better take this chance to admit defeat!" one of them shouted. I looked at the spectators. Kai Kamal Huening, second year, Class 2B. I shot him a dirty look and he immediately sat down, embarrassed.

This time, Beomgyu let me start. I didn't hesitate.

최범규
Choi Beom Gyu

I tossed the ball to Hyejin and the whistle blew, indicating that the round had begun.

Hyejin's way of starting off was different. She closed her eyes and didn't move. Everyone was confused. "Too scared, huh? Just give up! You're never gonna beat Beomgyu." Yeonjun shouted. The team thought too highly of me.

Suddenly, Hyejin's eyes widened and she dribbled the ball, running towards the hoop at max speed. It was impossible to catch up with her.

"YAH!" I yelled. She jumped and and threw the ball into the hoop, leaving everyone dumbfounded.

She looked at me and gave me a sly look. "Thought I couldn't even score a goal, huh? Think again. Just because we're girls doesn't mean that we can't play sports just like boys." she commented, tossing the ball to me.

I simply smirked and started dribbling the ball, once again. I could see the passion in her eyes. She was really devoted to playing basketball. Unlike me, I was being forced to join because of Taehyun and Kai.

Third person's POV

The two had been tied to 4 points. Just one more point to go. They were panting heavily, as Hyejin carried the ball. She just needed to score this point to make it to the team. But Beomgyu wasn't to keen on letting her win.

The final round started, and Hyejin started off by dribbling the ball. Beomgyu tried snatching it from her but failed. It was clear that Hyejin was tired, but she didn't want to stop. She ran towards the hoop and jumped, but Beomgyu snatched it, dribbling it back to the other hoop. "Choi Beomgyu, come back here!" she yelled, with a hint of tiredness in her voice. She didn't have the stamina to run anymore and was already limping. Beomgyu ended up scoring the point.

A tear dropped from Hyejin's eye as she fell to the ground.

정혜진
Jung Hye Jin

I started cursing as Beomgyu tried his best to help me up. Huening Kai was laughing loudly as Yeonjun joined him. Some of them were feeling sorry for me.

"Don't bother coming back next year." said the coach, continuing his lesson.

As I walked to the exit, I suddenly felt my eyelids getting heavy and my muscles loosening. I was about to grab the handle of the door when I suddenly collapsed.

"HYEJIN!" I heard Beomgyu yell. Everyone ran towards me. All I saw was Beomgyu's face and I fainted.

"Don't worry Hyejin, you're gonna be fine"

It was the last thing I heard before everything was silent.

chap 3-end
Did y'all expect Hyejin to win?
Letting her win was my initial intention but I changed my mind to spice things up😌💅
Hope y'all are enjoying the story^^