𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫.

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧
𝐏𝐑𝐄𝐃𝐈𝐋𝐄𝐂𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍.
[𝟎𝟐𝟒]
𝐖𝐀𝐍𝐓.
*:・゚✧*:・゚✧

[IRL]

Elinor gave Wilbur a hug when he came to pick her up. She felt the little spark of warm feeling.

"Ready, Ms. Sage?" Wilbur smiled. The girl grinned, letting go of him.

The warm feeling lingered a little more when she looked at him. "Of course, Mr. Soot," She responded, following him to the car.

"You're a bit quieter than usual," Wilbur pointed out as they drove to the main part of the city. Elinor perked up in her seat.

"Ah, I'm sorry!" Elinor quickly apologized. "I have a lot on my mind I guess."

"No, no, don't apologize," Wilbur chuckled. "It's perfectly fine I just wanted to make sure you were okay."

Elinor's heart skipped a beat. The want to get that warm feeling was indescribable. She looked at his hand which rested on the divider between them. She wondered what her hand would look like held in his. "Thank you."

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧

"This is pretty fancy for a hangout," Elinor giggled, seating herself at the table. Wilbur sat across from her, smoothening out the white tablecloth.

A tall vase with flowers stood in the middle,
and Elinor moved it to the side. "Ah, I can see you!" Wilbur grinned. Elinor let out another laugh and picked up the menu.

Her face dropped a little and she looked back to the boy. "Will, this is really expensive," She mumbled, trying to find something that didn't cost much. "Are you sure that you don't wanna go somewhere else?"

Elinor couldn't see the nervousness in his shaking leg or the rapid heartbeat being enclosed by his ribs. Wilbur wanted the day to be absolutely perfect. "No! Pick whatever you like, it's my treat," He managed to say with another smile.

"I can pay for my own fo-"

"Please. Let me do this for you."

Elinor looked up from the menu and noticed how sincere his eyes were. She nodded, still trying to find something not as expensive.

The two ordered their food and continued to talk about various topics. They hardly even registered that their food had come until the waiter announced it. They gave their thanks and continued on.

Elinor struggled to even touch her plate, as it was set perfectly. The waiter came back to fill up water, observing the girl's dish. "Is there something wrong with your order, ma'am?" He asked.

"Oh, not at all, thank you," She speedily reassured. He nodded, leaving them alone again. Elinor began quietly laughing to herself and Wilbur's head turned to meet hers. He had a quizzical look on his face. "I'm so awkward with waiters."

Wilbur caught on and he gently smiled. "I thought that that was fine," He admitted. She looked back up at him, taking her fork and eating the first bite of food.

Elinor's face lit up and Wilbur's smile only got bigger. "Oh my God, this is amazing," She exclaimed, eating more.

As their dinner neared the end, Wilbur excused himself to the bathroom. The moment he was out of sight, Elinor let out a brief sigh, letting her posture slump a bit. She fiddled with her hands.

Wilbur looked himself in the mirror, gripping the sink tightly. He was freaking out, and not in the good way.

God, I just want everything to be perfect. Should I just tell her I like her? ...No. That's so straightforward. She'd think I'm weird. What if I just... Express my emotions? Yeah, that works. God so many things could go wrong. She's just gonna leave me. She probably doesn't even want a boyfriend... boyfriend? I'm gonna get rejected before I even tell her.

Wilbur splashed water on his face, cautious as to not get it on his sweatshirt. He wiped off the water with a paper towel and sighed, leaving the bathroom.

The waiter came with the check fairly soon after he returned and he tried his best not to cringe at the amount of money. Elinor giggled, taking the checkbook and having the same reaction as him. "Let's just split it. I'd feel bad if we didn't," Elinor offered.

Wilbur's heart dropped to the floor at the idea of her paying, but Elinor was persistent. They split the check and left the building.

Elinor walked a little closer to him than she regularly did. "Wanna get gelato again?" Wilbur smiled, pointing out the gelato shop they had gone to on their first hangout. The girl nodded.

The streets were deserted, just like the first time, but the vibes were completely different. It was silent, almost tense.

The night had already washed over the sky, and the only light was from light poles. Wilbur offered to take her empty cup, which he threw away with his.

"No benches," Elinor pointed out. They continued down the street, slowing down their pace.

"Do you want to take a break?" He asked. The girl nodded and he fixated his eyes on a lamppost on an upcoming bridge. "How about we stop up there?"

"Sounds good," She smiled, nudging him. Both seemed extremely high tense, but it didn't seem right to point it out.

They eventually arrived under the lamppost, still quietly speaking. The ambience of the city filled the silent spots in between their conversations.

Elinor looked up at him and he looked down with a smile. "This looks like a cliché movie moment," Elinor snickered.

Wilbur hesitated to answer.

"It is."

a/n:
next chapter.

word count: 909