Unwrapping Hidden Feelings

The following Monday was definitely awkward. The rumors got around, Gail and Phoenix were suspended from activities for a week. When Gail came over to their table that following morning, no one spoke to him. Now that he was sober, he was unaware of the events that happened that night, it was one big blank to him. So when he was called to the administrations' office, he was confused as to what he had done. He did wake up and see a bruise on his face but was unsure as to why it was there. Phoenix was of course there as well, that confused him because he knows Phoenix is a good kid. They were both dismissed and it was lunch time already.

Ashton was wearing his hoodie over his uniform, no teacher said anything about it though. Gail walks over to their table, he doesn't know what to say. "Hey... um... as much as I don't support you being...well." He paused so he uses words that won't be offensive, "Into guys, I wouldn't ever have the intention to act that way towards you... I-"

"Save it, the damage is done," Trenton says. They all had stern faces, they were distraught in his treatment towards their friend. Ashton's face got hot and he began to cry, holding in every emotions he's been feeling all day. He wipes away the tears quickly, he is sick of feeling voluble in front of people. Ashton begins to speak in an unsteady voice, "Everyone knows. You told the whole university and it's spread everywhere..." He put his head down and shook his head, he couldn't continue. Trenton patted his shoulder, they begin to get up, they don't want to be seen with someone like him. Before Trenton continues walking he comes to a pause, "You're lucky Phoenix doesn't care that people know, I just wish he punched you a little harder. You can use more than a small bruise." he hisses into his hear, and walked away, intentionally nudging past him as he walks by.

The guys wanted to keep an eye on their friend to make sure he was ok, they knew he was not in a good mindset. They made sure to be with him at all times. Ashton realized that he had a club meeting to go to, he pulled himself together to do it. "You guys can't come, it's members only." "Well then we'll be there when you leave so no one tries anything, call us if something happens during." Trenton pats his shoulder and they leave the room.

Ashton looks at his desk, he sees Phoenixs' jacket that he let him wear the other night. He didn't want to face him at all, though he needed to give his jacket back to him. Ashton collected it in his arms, put on his own hoodie, and made his way to the music building.

He opened the door and immediately felt the stares on him. "Hood off Ashton!" Mason yells as soon as he walks into the room. He took his hood off, that did not make him feel any better. People were whispering and mammering, he sat in the back but on the opposite side of the room as Phoenix. He knew Phoenix was looking at him. The conversation they had that night replayed constantly in his head.

"Alright everyone, that's enough. I couldn't care less about who did with what this past weekend, let's get onto music!" Mason excitedly exclaims.

"Lindsey, Savvy, have you written any new songs this week?" They nodded and handed him pieces of paper with sheet music. Mason skims through the paper, he places it on the piano where Kira is. "Ok very nice."

"Phoenix, I know you are not supposed to be here nor do I care as to why, but we need you, and I will fight anybody to keep you here, no pun intended." Phoenix adjusts himself in his chair, feeling slightly uncomfortable but his face doesn't show it.

"This week we are going to work in pairs to write a song and then perform it for this weekend's SPLASH MUSIC concert, other schools will be there, don't make me look stupid!" Mason yells, he collects his things and hands them to Kira who is already carrying her own things as well. They leave the room and everyone finds partners. Two girls are standing in front of Phoenix, arguing over who will get to pair with him. Phoenix smiles, "I'm flattered, but I am already partnered with someone." The girls sigh dramatically and leave the music building, it's only Ashton and Phoenix left in the room. He picks up his bag and walks past them and towards Ashton. Ashton has his nose in his phone, reading social, things posted under his timeline about the incident, the video of the fight, then another video of the rest of the night after the aftermath. He sighs and without even realizing everyone left, he barely paid attention. "Hey, we're partners." Ashton looks up and sees Phoenix, then continues to look at his phone screen. "P...partners?" He says while scrolling through social media. Phoenix chuckles, "We are paired to be partners for the SPLASH MUSIC concert this weekend."