The Good Let Go

Ashton woke up in a room that wasn't his. He shot up but then someone came in. Pheonix was standing near his bathroom with just his robe on. "Oh, you're awake, great!" He so casually. Ashton stood up and covered his eyes, "Can you maybe put some clothes on?" Phoenix comes closer, "Why, it's Saturday? I got nowhere to be." Ashton backed away because he realized he got closer. "You're ... naked." He came even closer, Ashton was basically on the wall. "So? Is that a problem?" He was teasing but Ashton was very flustered. "I... um... no?" Phoenix's eyes widen, "So... it doesn't bother you?" He places his hand under Ashton's chin, he lifted his head so their eyes met. Ashton's heart was beating out of his chest, his face was redder than anything. "It um..." He slides to the side, out of his reach and he goes to the door. "What... happened last night?" Ashton was hoping nothing happened between them. "Oh, you don't remember?" Ashton was scared and embarrassed to know what may have happened. "You passed your audition then asked me out on a date, then got wasted and you crashed here." "I... asked you out?" Phoenix laughs, he's still teasing him, "Yeah, you asked me out to eat." Ashton let out a sigh of relief, "Oh ok, and that's it?"

He looked over at the one bed and he felt as if he might faint. "What's wrong?" Phoenix noticed his stunned face. "There's only one bed." Phoenix looked at the bed, then at him. "Yeah." "But there's two of us." Phoenix still looked confused. "Yeah, we shared it." Ashton nearly choked. "You and I." He gestured to him than himself. "Yup why?" Ashton opens the door from behind him and slams it shut. He covers his face with his hands. He tries to hide his smile but it doesn't work. That's when his friends come down the hall. "Hey, did you have fun ditching us last night douchebag?" Gail says. Ashton uncovered his face and gets a sudden rush of anxiety, shit what are they doing here, he thought. "Well you guys were being taken up by girls, so I-" Gail points to the door Ashton just came out of, "Why are you near this room? This is Dustin and Kayden's hallway, hallway B, you and I are down the other one to the right, hallway A, and Trenton's are down towards the C hallway to the left." "I was um... helping someone with something." Gail scowls, "Who and why at 9 am on a Saturday?" Then in perfect timing, Phoenix comes out of his room. "What's going on Ash, why did you run out of the room?" He sees his friends but doesn't care, he is unbothered. Ashton covers his face again. "Yo... what's going on here?" Gail says laughing. "We went out last night because he asked and he got drunk and I let him crash with me." "And that's all that happened right?" Gail says still teasing Ashton. "God... yes that's all! Right?" Ashton shot Phoenix a look, hoping he wouldn't come out with something embarrassing. Trenton was holding his breath, he hopes to know one out Ashton like this, he also couldn't hold in their soundness and laughter. "Yes, that's all that happened, what else would happen?" He responded while winking at Ashton. Ashton sighed and shook his head, he really hopes he was joking around.

"Well alrighty then," Gail says, grinning. "See you later Ash." Ashton didn't say anything, he just gave a small nod. Phoenix goes back into his room and closes the door shut. Ashton and the others walk back to his Ash's dorm, which the walk was silent until Gail asks, "Isn't there only one per room?" Ashton felt his heart sink into his stomach, "He slept on the floor." He was quick to respond to avoid suspicion and further embarrassment. "Aww... he let you sleep in his bed... how cute!" Gail says teasing him and making flirty eyes, "Shut up ok... he's just nice." Ashton says while hitting Gail on the arm.

When they get back to his room, Ashton feels anxious. He loves this boy so much but is afraid of anyone to know. "Did anything else happen that I should know of?" Gail asks. "Yeah, he was in a robe." Kayden chimes in. "Nothing happened..." They exchanged looks with each other, Ashton was flopped onto his bed, wishing this can just end, or he can just tell them because that is what friends do. "Why did you punch Trent in the face?" Ashton asks while still laying down on his back, his hand folded over his stomach. His friends look at each other nervously, "We honestly don't know, there was some argument." Ashton sat up, "Over what?" Trenton stepped forward, "It doesn't matter." Gail interrupts and Trenton pushes up his glasses, "You guys been having secret conversations, we are all best friends here, what is it that I or they can't hear what Trenton and you talk about?" Trenton takes a deep breath, holding in his frustration, "It was something where I had no choice but to tell him because we were alone and he decided to ask me." Ashton responds, his heart pounding. "Ok... we're all alone, so tell us." "It doesn't concern you asshole!" Trenton yells out. "If it was something serious, you guys would know, so don't worry alright?" Trenton and Ashton make eye contact but no one notices. "So anyway, there's a party tonight, we all know we are invited because we are hot," Gail says. "Where is it?" Dustin asks. "That fancy club down the street," Gail replies. "See you guys later then," Dustin says. "You're such a nerd, going to study," Gail says to him as they leave. "Fuck you, I have better grades than you." "Yeah, I know." The rest leave except Trent, he stays behind for a minute. "Sorry about that, he needs to mind his business, you will tell them when you're ready." Trenton leaves his room, Ashton is left alone with his thoughts.