Strange Surprise

Ashton couldn't sleep that night, he kept thinking about the person that he used to call his best friend, how he is back in his life. The boy he used to have a crush on in middle school. Who he had to forget because he moved too far away to keep a friendship going, or to even try to. He had a restless night and he had to get up early again the next morning. He was able to stop his alarm from going off that morning, that's how late he was up.

He feels sluggish and definitely needed some coffee this morning. He usually eats breakfast in the dining hall with his friends, but they're going to ask him why he was up all night so he's gonna try to avoid them today. He also doesn't want to deal with the questions that they're going to ask about the club.

Ashton goes downstairs and of course, there he is, basically waiting for him. Ashton pretends he doesn't see him but of course that plan doesn't go well. "Good morning, you're never here this early, up all night thinking of me?" Ashton gives him the side-eye. He goes up to the lady working to order a coffee, unfortunately, she says that the coffee machine is broken and offered him a cup of Matcha. Ashton makes a sickly looking face because he despises Macha, it's what all the basic girls have, plus it tastes like dirt. "Oh don't bother, I'm OK, I'll get through my day without a shot of energy."

It is nearly 6 in the morning and classes start at seven. His friends are usually on their way down here by now and he's trying to avoid them, so he makes his way back to his dorm. Phoenix follows him and says " I know an amazing off-campus coffee shop that is open all the time, and their machines never break." Ashton stops walking for a second, "Why would I let you take me somewhere?" Phoenix laughs and shakes his head. "We're friends remember." Ashton rolls his eyes and says "Yeah the keyword is were, and we're not anymore and haven't been so you could stop trying." " I never mentioned the word "were" If you listened I said WE'RE meaning WE ARE, who cares how long it's been, we can restart, that's unless you want to." Ashton sighs and knows he'll never get away from this kid. He took so long to get over how he felt and to get over him being so far away, he doesn't feel like trying again.

"Before you say anything else that is completely unnecessary and rude, just remember that I still have to communicate with you to help you practice, so I'll see you later." Again Phoenix leaves and Ashton has nothing to say nor can he comprehend. "Since when is he so weird, whatever."

He decided to skip classes today but later on Ashton gets a knock on his door and he's guessing that it's phoenix again, but when he opens the door it's actually Gail. "What are you doing in here did the date go that badly." "It wasn't a date and you know that I'm just not feeling well today." Gail walks into his room and sits on the bed, Ashton close the door so no one else comes in. "Where is everyone else?" Gail's sighs and looks at him, "Where do you think? Did you lose your memory too? Ashton this is something that we've been doing since we got to the school and since you weren't there of course we're going to be worried." Ashton lies on his desk and feels slightly lightheaded probably from not being able to sleep last night. "You don't have to worry about anything just go eat and go to class I'm skipping today." Gail stands up and puts his hand on the doorknob, " can you just tell me what's wrong?" Ashton slams his fist onto his thigh and continues to hit it, it's an anxious habit he has. "I'm telling you that I don't feel well what else would you like me to say?" Gail opens the door and closes it but in a very angry way. " God, some people really need to get out of my business."

Ashton falls asleep until 4pm and he gets a phone call. It's a number that he doesn't recognize but he picks up anyway, sitting up in his bed slowly he answers the call. "Hello? Who is this?." Ashton puts his hand on his head and size and is shocked to hear who it is, "I'm glad you still have the same phone number from 10 years ago. I'm on my way to drop off your schoolwork today, your friends were going to but I offered to since they looked a bit out of it." "You don't have to" "I'm on my way, bye." Ashton tosses his phone by his feet on the bed and folds his arms. Then there's a knock on the door and he knows who it is.