chapter 3

It took about 20 painfully long minutes for the Uber to arrive to pick me up from the airport and take me to my aunt's house. The drive surprisingly wasn't half bad. Although the Uber driver was a creep, I thoroughly enjoyed the view of California.

My aunt Jessy welcomed me to LA by paying the taxi for me. (thank god because I don't have a lot of cash with me). Jessy was absolutely beautiful. She was about 5'10 with wavy, blonde hair that went down to her stomach. She had the best style out of all of my family, and she also had a pretty decent personality. From what I can remember, all the older men chased after her, and she would let them. I was expecting plenty of men to come in and out of the house while I stay at her house. But even though she was funny and beautiful, I knew that she was secretly an alcoholic. I could easily tell by the way she drank her wine. She holds herself back from drinking all of it in one try.

I threw all my clothes in the small closet that was connected to the guest room I was staying in. "Hey Jessy, do you think I could go walk around and explore the area?" I asked my aunt trying my best to be polite.

"Yeah, sure. Just be back by nine tonight," She was drinking.

I threw on a baby blue cropped tank top and some baggy black jeans that were severely ripped. In my backpack, I packed a really oversized hoodie, my wallet, headphones, and my phone. I grabbed my beat-up skateboard and ran out the door.

I put in my headphones and listened to music while I rode my skateboard around the town. It wasn't as crowded as I thought it was going to be. I was so thankful that I came across a skatepark. Skateboarding is definitely my favorite thing to do. I don't know how, but it's how I control my anger.

Anyway, I stopped at the park and just practiced a few tricks that I've been working on. After about half an hour of sweating my ass off, I sat down on a bench and went through the messages on my phone to see if my mom texted me. She didn't. I was just about to leave the skatepark when this group of guys came up to me. "Ayyyyy, can u skate pretty girl?" A guy with long, blonde dreads asked me.

"Yeah, I guess so," I mumbled. "Ha! Prove it. Do a kickflip, mamas," He said.

A kickflip? Pretty easy if you ask me. I threw my board on the ground and hopped on top of it. I prayed that I wouldn't embarrass myself doing a stupid kick flip. But I did it effortlessly. The group was shocked, but I finally got to study each boy. There was a tall boy with pink dyed hair, but it was fading. He was also holding an old-school camera. Another boy had a shaved head. He looked shy, but I liked it. Another boy looked older than the rest of the crew. He definitely was the 'leader.' Next was the boy who was taunting me. But then I saw him. A boy with messed up brown hair. He had a perfect jawline and smooth lips. His eyes were blue, but they were crystal clear. He was shorter than the rest of the group, but he was still taller than me. He looked about 5'6. "She proved you wrong Fuckshit! That was hot!." The blue-eyed boy teased.

His name is Fuckshit? Interesting. "Wow, you're not too bad for a girl. I'm Ray." The 'leader' of the crew said. "And this is Fourthgrade, Fuckshit, Ruben, and Stevie" he stated. "So you're new here?" Stevie asked.

"Yep, pretty much been here for 20 minutes." I replied.

"Damn, didn't know the new girl could be so cute," I blushed so hard that I could feel my cheeks turn bright red. Fuckshit teased Stevie by punching his shoulder lightly and laughing. I think Fuckshit nicknamed him Sunburn since that is what they were calling him.

All the other boys left me and started to skate, but Stevie stayed behind to talk to me. I'm super awkward so I told him that I probably had to get back home. "No, stay with us for the night. You can skate with us," Stevie pleaded. I gave into temptation and stayed with the boys.