Chapter 23

Rae's moans were so delicious, it was all I could do not to make her climax ten more times. But I know it wouldn't be good for her and I wouldn't be holding myself back, the only thing that I do around her and no one else. Besides, her cumming ten more times would only be problematic for me, because she'd want to do that every time we come down here, and I don't want her to think this is all about her pleasure.

But is this a normal feeling? I want her. I need her. In every way known to Man, Wolf, and Beast, I crave her. I crave her touch and her scent, how she tastes and sounds. I desire her to be the only thing I can see.

It's not just that I want her to be mine in sex though, I want her so badly all together, to the point of where it hurts to be near one another but it hurts more to be apart. I want her to want me more than vice versa, and for her to be just as crazy about me as I am about her, but I know it'll never happen.

After she came and was trying desperately to catch her breath, I crept my hands up to her shoulders and held her down, but gently enough to where I know she doesn't even notice. The thought is killing me, the thought of making her mine and imprinting myself on her soul to the point where she doesn't know what's hers and what's mine.

And those horrible, jagged edges where she ends and I begin will be no more. Neither of us will know who starts where and we'll just be both in this haven of dark suspension where all we need is each other.

I would do anything for her, kill anyone for her. I would murder half the kingdom and leave her love notes on their headstones until I had her... but... but that dream. The prophecy I had a while ago, the same one I've been having for months.

Well, I say a little while, in reality, I've had it over and over again, always the same one but I never finish it. I thought for a while it was a dream the Moon Goddess was sending me, like a premonition of some sort, but now I realize it's just because of what I am that makes me feel this way. Rae doesn't understand it quite yet, but she will, she'll eventually figure out how much I love her and how much I'm willing to sacrifice for her.

The dream always starts with me lying in the woods, looking up at the sky through the trees, all of them tall and slender with very few branches. I know my kingdom doesn't have trees or a forest like this, so I must be somewhere new, somewhere different. But one thing that always happens is, it begins to snow, but the weather is warm. The air around me is warm, too warm for snow, too warm to be anything but late spring or early fall.

Then, after I close my eyes and just listen to the whistling of the wind, I smell it. Her scent. The sweet vanilla that I've grown so accustomed to and require in my everyday life, it passes through the air and wakes me up from whatever peaceful rest I was hoping to gain.

Immediately I jump up, and look around frantically for the direction the scent came from. I travel upwind, running as fast as my human legs can take me to find my mate and bring her back to me. The desire I have to find her is... no, not 'find' her, catch her, to hunt her down and force her to be with me, to make sure that she can never run away again and she won't leave me alone anymore.

So, in a desperate attempt to hunt her down, I shift and keep running, even faster than before, through the woods and hunting her among the pines. In the distance, I can see a figure, one that's running away from me in a human form, but my Wolf doesn't care what form she's in, it just attacks like it's been trained how to.

I fight my Wolf back, but she doesn't listen to reason and pounces on Rae anyway. Rae rolls over with my Wolf standing over her, her two front paws blocking Rae's head and the back ones trapping her legs, so Rae has no means of escape.

"I love you," I try to say, but in my Wolf form I know she can't hear me, "I love you, Rae. I won't hurt you, just come back to me and all of this can go away."