Chapter 18

After Rae was done tormenting my new pet, I was too proud to be mad. I'm so proud of her for feeling the need to tell that little Neko all about how I was someone to not be messed with. I appreciate her taking the initiative to scare the girl for me, it means I don't have to do it myself.

Rae's lying on her side next to me, facing the window on the right side of the bed like she always sleeps, and I'm behind her, twisting my fingers through her hair softly while her breathing gets deeper and deeper. She's so beautiful it's almost unreal, it's almost unfathomable.

I used to believe there was no one in the world more beautiful than my mother, simply because, after she died, I put her on a pedestal and never let anyone get anywhere close to her perfections. But, when people said I started to look like and act like her, I put myself above them for being my own idea of 'perfect'.

I had secluded myself at the top and made myself the standard for everything. For beautify, for height, weight, character, charisma, dominance, aggression, passion, sympathy, and obedience. I made myself the center of my own little world and shaped my entire life to fit it's image.

But when I finally noticed Rae as the person she is, all of that blew away like sand in the wind. The way she was kind to me even though I was a monster; it became my new goal. The way she could see the goodness in everyone and never thought twice about her own struggles. She never complained about anything, she never hesitated when I asked her to do unspeakable things.

She was perfect.

But now I think she feels threatened. Like she knows that her place at my side has been challenged and she's doing everything she can to make sure that doesn't happen.

Doesn't she know that I'm not going to forsake her for a pretty face? Doesn't she know that, after everything we've been through together, I'm not going to abandon her because William bought me the latest model of something? Rae is worth far more to me than anything shiny with diamonds, or a pet more submissive than a human, I want nothing but her.

Am I such a bad owner that she can't see that?

A soft knock on the door made me jump, and Rae grunted at the sudden harsh movement. I sat up and looked at the door, seeing the outline of feet from the little strip of light underneath it.

"Yes?" I asked annoyed.

The door opened slowly, and a maid popped her head cautiously. "Princess Luna, your pet wishes to speak with you."

My eyes narrowed at the meaningless intrusion, but I sighed and said anyways, "Which one?" It's a foreign concept for me to have more than one pet at a time, but at least I'm not one of those owners that acts like they enjoy everyone equally. Those slaves mean nothing to me, they are simply toys for my amusement. The only one of them I care about, is Rae.

"Caleb, Princess."

Caleb? So that's the boy's name. "And what does he want?"

"He has been asking for you," she said, she looked away uncomfortably before asking, "He wondered, if you wanted to play with him?"

I guess, because I played with his friend earlier, that he expects it's his turn now. Very well, I'll satisfy his want for me, but I'll be sure to not make it enjoyable for him. I own him, so I don't have to do anything for him but keep him alive.

And even that seems like a privilege right now.

"What shall I tell him?"

"Bring him here," I instructed, "But make sure to keep it low profile." She nodded and left immediately, not wanting to be around me any more than was required. I don't blame her, she's literally going to get a slave for me that I'm not going to hold back on, I can do anything to him whether it's against the law or not.