Chapter 10

Deserae's face when she came back around was so scared. It's like she couldn't think of anything else but how I was so close to her and she was laying tight within my grasp. She must know that when she's that injured I won't hurt her, right? Or does she think that I want to beat her no matter what?

I realize now that my intentions when hitting her was never to scare her. I've always wanted her to be perfect and to want to be perfect in my image. I've always had the need to control something and make it depend on me entirely, and I thought that I'd found it with her.

She was the one pet I'd had that almost never fought back. She was the one pet I had that couldn't live without me and the blood I gave her. Deserae was the one person I felt like I could control and she would enjoy it just as much as I would.

But even if she didn't enjoy it and even if she wanted her freedom, she would still be dependent on me. I'm the only one that can give her blood and she accepts it when I offer it. She must know that I only did what I did to train her and make her a better version of herself? Right?

For all of my other pets, starving them when they were bad and making them say that they belonged to me a thousand times worked. But even when I had them completely submissive and at my mercy I was never satisfied. It's like I enjoyed the act of breaking them better than the results.

Deserae's different though. I wanted to watch her bloom into the beautiful submissive I knew she could be and nurture her to that point. The only way I know how to get her there is tough love and intense training. Am I really so bad if the only way I know how to break a person is killing what they are and building them up with things I enjoy?

Why would I want a rebellious pet that fights me constantly? I don't, so I'd take that part and replace it with fear and respect. I'd replace their free will with a craving to be controlled. Their independence would be overrun with thoughts of pleasing me and making me happy. That's what a good pet is made of.

And if I have to destroy her in order to make her perfect then so be it. Do I want to? No, I realize that now. I realize that I make threats and promises because I never actually wanted to hurt her. But I'm not going to let her soul be poisoned by things that I don't want her to have, and ideas I don't want her to think. She will be the spitting image of everything I crave as a dominant.

She will be perfect.

I opened the double doors to the parlor and stepped inside confidently. All of my doubt is gone now that I realize what the Mood Goddess intended for me to do with Deserae, she wants me to mold her into my perfect submissive. So now there's nothing to doubt or distract me from.

As soon as I walked in the whole groups' eyes turned to me. The Lord and Lady LunaGolybaya along with their son, William, and daughter, Beatrice. My father and his harlot are there as well. All sitting and talking together around the center table in the plush chairs surrounding it.

I took my chair to the king's' right while Marlene sat on his left. I crossed my legs and leaned back in the chair, placing both arms on the rest and smiling confidently. The whole room's attention is on me, and I can't get enough of it.

"Sorry I'm late," I said, "Something came up."

"It's no trouble," Lord LunaGolybaya said to me while returning my smile, "We just sat down and were getting acquainted."

"Of course," I spoke like I just realized there's a person present I've never met before, so I looked over as Beatrice and looked her up and down. "You've never been to one of these alliance meetings have you, Beatrice? It's a pleasure to meet you."

The girl smiled quaintly at me. Her strawberry blonde hair is in ringlets around her head and she's in the cutest little pink dress. It's got ribbons and lace around it that accentuate her youth and child-like charms. Her perfect pale skin molded into dimples when she smiled at me and she chirped, "It's nice to meet you too, Ms. Luna."