Step-Siblings to Be

A/N: One character pretends to be homophobic to piss Sherman off.

-

Sherman watched the front door close. There went his dad and probably one of the most prettiest women he'd ever seen. Damn. Have a nice night you two. Stay safe, enjoy each other. He sighed softly and turned to the two younger teens in the living room with him. First time he's actually seen them.

"Heh- y'know I-I could've watched us myself! I could've but- I just- y'know I wanted to meet you! You look so nice in the photos and- and I've actually seen some of your gigs!!! Heheh- you're- you're SO cool..." The girl, Breana, spoke up excitedly. She definitely seemed like the outgoing type, if not a little nervous. He wasn't sure if it was because she was starstruck or excited to meet her potential step-brother. The younger one... Westley... he definitely didn't seem happy to be there. Probably cursing at his sister under his breath over it. That was. Worrying. But he didn't seem like a bad kid or anything-

"Hey kiddo! It's nice to finally meet you, Breana, right?" He asked, holding out his hand, tryna hold back the sheer EXCITEMENT. SIBBIES! SIBLINGS! A LIL BRO AND SIS- RIGHT THERE! FAMILY! HE'S NOT AN ONLY CHILD! I mean- they're technically not his family by law yet- but- I mean Shanice and his pops were so happy and- and he had accepted them as a part of his life before he even met them. Thrilled was an understatement. She took his hand immediately and shook it with the same enthusiasm he had. Oh my God. It's really happening. He gets to spend the night with them. His first night as an older brother...

"And you must be Westley-"

"Yeah. How many braincells it take ya to figure out?"

Brea seemed tense already. Not gonna lie, he was too. But hey! Wes just needs time to warm up, and that's okay. It was definitely new for him- poor kid- who knows how stressful this all might be for him.

"S-so! Swampy- I can call you Swampy, right?"

"Call me whatever, I don't mind."

She shook her hands a bit excitedly.

"W-what's it like?? Being like- so popular? Do you get to sign things a lot? Have you considered more merchandise? Do the girls fawn all over you?"

Yeah, he expected the last one. Shanice did say he could come out to them when he was ready. Better sooner rather than later... but...

"Pretty neat! Now when I walk around town, at least fifty percent of the staring is because I've been recognized! Yes, I do sign some stuff, but we haven't had a big enough demand for merchandise, we are considering it though- Last but not least, yes, but I'm not interested."

"How come? Not looking yet?"

"Well I'm- I'm already in a relationship."

"Well damn, if grody over there has a chick, where's mine?" Wes whispered, leaning towards his sister. She ignored him.

"What's she like? How'd you guys meet?"

"A-actually I-I'm not- well, I'm dating my band mates. Now I'm putting a LOT of trust into your hands because if we're gonna be family, I've gotta trust you."

Her eyes lit up a bit, almost as if she was both surprised AND expected it. She clearly wanted to ask more questions but- Westley covered his mouth to whisper in her ear just-

"So not ONLY is the guy poor, his son is a two-tiered fruitcake."

F u c k. I mean. I mean f u c k. Okay then. Alright. Damn.

"Westley!"

"Okay fine GOD, I'm leaving." He huffed and went off to find literally any other room in the house. Sherman just watched. Unsure of what to say or do but, knowing he wanted to do more than stand there.