He Ain't Heavy

A/N: Very much HC based o o p s

And also kinda dark I'm sorry.

-

It wasn't much of a shed anymore. It never had much stuff to begin with though, it just came with the house, so in truth, he didn't feel that guilty about it. Especially when he's often kicked out of his room anyways. It made sense that this had become more like a secondary room. He didn't talk to many people, didn't consider many of them friends he could trust with this, so he never said anything. He never complained. Sometimes, when the day is the perfect mix of melancholy, he could even convince himself he deserved it. Maybe he did. His grades slipped a lot- and he had quite the temper, quite the attitude, really, he was positive the only thing that made his father proud of him was the fact that he played a sport and could tailor a suit like him.

He liked baseball and working on suits, don't get me wrong, but suits get tedious at times, always so traditional, black, white, and if it's that exciting wild kind of day, brown or dark blue. Baseball was fun and he loved the sport- but the other players seem to get more wary of him by the day. Maybe they know he's gay. Maybe they think he finds them attractive. Really, he doesn't. They aren't his type, and he felt that, regrettably, he was already in love with the two men he was in a band in.

Bobbi wanted to be his own person- he wanted to learn more about makeup and hairstyling, but he couldn't. He wanted to feel like a normal member of the school's team, but he wouldn't. He wanted to be in love with a woman instead, someone he didn't have to feel shame for wanting to kiss, but well- like everything else, it just didn't have a chance of happening. He was just a boring guy, somewhat cool, somewhat a loser, depended on who he was around, he wasn't gonna be a star to anyone other than a few girls who asked him for advice, he was just Bobbi... he was just Boberto Ramos... yeah that's right. His first name was Boberto. Who else has that name? Literally no one. If you didn't think his parents hated him before- reconsider that. Worse yet? He didn't realize Bobbi was the effeminate counterpart to Bobby until it was way to late. He didn't mind much, few seemed to notice, but they could've at least told him they gave him a girly nickname.

Not that it mattered though, it was the least of his worries, even though he used it often to keep his mind off of the most of them. Like how he actually moved an old couch into the shed so he had something to sleep on, how it was a cold Autumn night and as well built as the old shed was, it was still JUST a shed. "Be a man." his father would say "People survived without heaters, didn't they?" he'd respond to any defense Bobbi threw at him. Bobbi scoffed. His father, acting like such a tough and macho man, sleeping inside under his thick expensive sheets, with the thermostat up as high as he could afford. Yeah, what a real man. Fucking prick, can't even raise his kids.

He pulled his turtleneck over his mouth and nose and put on a second jacket. He chuckled, thinking about how much his father would probably have to spend if he actually got as sick as he felt. Then he thought about... how much money they'd save if he just... would he even care? Bobbi placed his face in his gloved hands. Of course- of course! He knew his dad loved him- and his tough love was just- extra tough, but- but how long would he care? How long before things became- normal. How would they-

"Bobbi?" Bobbi looked up sharply. Oh of course, just great, now he has to deal with-

"Sydney!" He practically snapped, about to give the give the sweetest and most concerned little sibling of the year a fucking earful.

"Can it or I'll deck you!"

"I'd like to see you try. What are you doing?"

"Well I went outside into the cold-"

"Nice play, Shakespeare."

"I SAID QUIET, I am NOT done. I came out because I saved you pozole. Dad was feeling nostalgic."

"Sydney you need to eat-"

"I did! I ate just fine, I just saved some for you, jerk. Mom didn't mind as long as I was sneaky about it, and I was! I even heated it up and NO ONE noticed. Amazing, I know."

"Sydney I have had it up to HERE with your shit."

"Well I hope that isn't the limit because quite frankly, I don't believe I care."

"God- Sis I can't just-"

"SHUT UP AND EAT BEFORE IT GET'S COLD!"

"Okay fuck-" He jokingly held his hands up like he was surrendering, and then took the bowl she handed to him. He did eat of course, I mean he wasn't going to waste it after the trouble she went through and he knew she wouldn't leave until he did so he just awkwardly sat there as she watched him. He didn't even really wanna eat- but since it was about half of what it could've been, he didn't let it get to him to much. Yet.

She hopped up on the couch and sat next to him. He looked down at her, setting the bowl down on an old underused shelf. She looked as if she was hesitating, maybe afraid he'd complain some more.

"I already know what you're planning, it's fine." He sighed, rolling his eyes and moving his arms up. She quietly and slowly hugged him, in a feeble attempt to keep him warm. He wrapped his arms around her after pulling up a blanket he brought with him.

"You do realize I'm not letting you stay here, right? Do you know how much trouble we'd both be in?"

"I don't care."

"Yes you do, you're just saying that to make me feel less guilty for not forcing you back inside the minute you walked out."

"Shut up."

"Yeah... okay, alright."