Yep, you're trying to hold onto a criminal that works in a mafia.

"Dios mío, stop Christina." Rafael gripped the bridge of his nose. "If this is what arguing with a woman is like, I'm happy I've never had a girlfriend."

Rafael has never been in a relationship?

Nope, just ton's of no strings attached girls.

"You've must have argued with your mother at least?" My eyebrows raised in disbelief, Rafael looked up at me, his eyes swirling with emotions.

"No, Diosa. I never did." He sighed, looking at his phone. "I should go."

Did? his mothers dead! or kidnapped! or in Spain?

"Over my dead body, you're not going anywhere." I marched over to my front door blocking him from getting out. I'm so close to getting him to open up more! I'm not throwing my hard work away, It's just getting good. Rafael stared at me, amusement written all over his face.

"You're forgetting who you're dealing with." He walked slowly towards me, a grin on his beautiful face. His hand rested on the door beside my head and his soft pink lips were a breath away, I watched his lips part, making my own mimic his action. His eyes flickered to mine and back to my lips, making me want to groan, kiss me dammit. Rafael's other hand began to dance down my side, through the thin fabric of my dress, his hands felt warm, and then it crept lower, grabbing my behind roughly. A small gasp left my lips as I jolted into his hard chest, my lips eager to touch his.

And then he pulled away, opening my front door.

You and your hormones, Christina!

"You're an asś." I huffed. I was acting out on how annoyed I was, I was just played.

"I agree." Rafael turned around, still smiling. My heart fluttered again. God damn heart!

"You owe me Thai food!" My eyes were in slits, leaning on the door frame. Rafael sighed looking around him and back at his phone.

"I'll come back with your Thai food." He shook his head, probably in disbelief that I was getting my way.

My cheerleader inside was doing a wild dance, yes!

"Good." I grinned, watching him disappear down the hall. I walked back into my apartment shutting the door behind me, I leaned against it. What is happening to me? I'm getting butterflies when I see him, even after he killed someone in front of me.

You're insane. Mommy and Daddy would be proud.

I'd rather not think about my parents. I poured down our untouched coffees down the drain. A waste of coffee. I stopped in my tracks, staring at my laptop on the kitchen bench. Maybe I should do some research since it's so hard getting an answer out of Rafael.

I sat on my grey couch, with my laptop. The first thing I searched was simply 'Chicago Mafia' and I got a whole lot of information about Al Capone. Wait, the infamous Al Capone? As in the guy that the movie 'The Untouchables.' Is about. Oh my god, his criminal organization still lives, and Rafael is a part of it.

Some of the stuff I read did not settle well with me, like human trafficking. That couldn't be real, could it?

The more I read, the more I realized how real criminal organizations in Chicago are. I must be dumb to only have realized this now.

I felt like I was reading down a black hole that I wouldn't ever get out of. A hole of never-ending thoughts about the horrible things these kinds of people do. How do people even become part of a Mafia? Do they wake up one day and sign up? Jesus.