5. Blood and Bodies

I couldn't stop thinking, as usual. Rafael said he was going to take me home when I finished work. But why? Was there a plan in his head that I didn't know about?

First, he thought I was stalking him, again. Then he's threatening me, again.

And now he wants to take me home?

So many questions filled my head, it was unsettling.

I was going to tell him to fuçk off when I saw him. He can't control my evening.

"Are you ready?" I turned around, facing Rafael. He was lazily leaning on the doorframe, with his thick arms crossed. I looked him up and down, he was wearing black sweats and a dark grey jumper. He made comfortable clothing look so hot.

Okay, I can't tell him to fuçk off.

You already know what he can do to you.

"I'm capable of taking myself home, you know?" I arched my eyebrow, before turning back around to pack my duffle bag.

If he was going to kill me, he'd do it by now.

He pushed himself off of the doorway, showing me that toothy grin that I was beginning to have a liking to. "I know, mi amor."

He's so sexy.

See that's not a face of a psychopath. Is it?

I put my duffle bag over my shoulder, ready to leave work. Contemplating a way for him to tell him what exactly he's thinking. "Then, why?"

"You ask way too many questions." Rafael scolded, cocking his head to the door. "Let's go."

Maybe, he's going to take you to his leader.

I snickered to myself, his leader?

"What's funny?" Rafael's eyes were in slits. So damn intimidating.

I widened my eyes. "N-nothing." I quickly hurried out the door, he easily caught up to me, walking beside me as we walked out of the gym. I half-expected a car to be waiting but Rafael continued to walk in the direction of my apartment.

Rafael let out a chuckle. "You were expecting a luxurious car, weren't you?" He read my thoughts.

"Not luxurious," I said, taking a peek at his gorgeous smile as he looked around the street.

Okay, maybe I was used to seeing Leos sports car.

"I don't like driving around Chicago at this time, too much traffic." He said, putting his hoodie over his head and looking behind his shoulder and back towards the other side of the street.

That paranoid look is back.

The same look when I and Amber watched him jogging to that loading dock. Wait if he's paranoid, then should I be?

Hell, I'm always paranoid.

I boldly decided to ask, "Is something wrong?"

Rafael side glanced at me. "No." His voice was clipped. "Do you like Thai food?"

His question surprised me. "Uh yeah," I said, peaking at him again. Do I dare ask why?

"Good." He nodded, looking back behind his shoulder. Was he checking to see if someone was following us?

Oh god, is someone following us?

Someone's following us. Anxiety was rising.

Keep it together, Christina.