Chapter Seven

Magsimula sa umpisa

"We're waiting Brooke." I jumped and looked up to see everyone at the large table on the deck looking at me. I rushed up the stairs and sat beside my mom and she smiled. I smiled back.

I wouldn't give them up for anything. They're my real family.

Tremaine

I always thought if I ever went into a coma I would be sitting in an all white room. Strangely I found myself in the complete opposite. Dark, gloomy and full of fog. Has to be somewhere far into the woods, there were too many trees surrounding me. They kind of blocked me in. All I had to really look at was this clear blue river besides the tree log in front of me. It was probably the clearest river I'd ever seen, actually the only river I'd ever seen but still. I leaned over to see my reflection but it wasn't of me. I saw my teenage self staring back at me.

I stepped back when the water began to ripple, smoke started to form and I noticed the ground shook. Using my strength I tried to step away but something pulled me closer. So close that I fell into the river but I didn't drown.

Instead I appeared in my middle school classroom.
I remembered it vaguely but I wasn't sure what was happening. When I heard my voice I looked up and there I was.

Flashback/ Memory

Ms. Flowers eighth grade class.

I stood near the door and had a clear view of the class. The third row was where Chris, Allen and I were.

Ms

Ms. Flowers passed back papers from her desk. I remembered that I failed so I didn't go over to find that out.

As the class received their grades Carmen walked in with a tardy slip. Yeah teacher nodded while Carmen trudged to her seat in the back. It took her a minute, from the look on her face I knew she was in pain. From what I could remember she always looked like that.

He teacher stepped out and I knew something bad was gonna happen. I looked at Chris and I and saw it all over our faces. I pushed her down and He kicked her book. I reached out to prevent it it was like I wasn't there.

Without looking up or acknowledging what happened she got up and got to her seat.

Carmen

Carmen

Chris and I tossed her book back and forth while Allen tossed her backpack out the window.  I shook my head, nobody did anything. 

The class wasn't picking on her but they weren't discreet when they talked about her. The three of us were calm 'til we saw Carmen leaving the room. We tossed her stuff on her desk and acted as if nothing happened. I glared and looked around for the teacher.

Where the hell she at?

Roaming the halls like I use to, I ended up in the office.

I leaned on the counter watching that principle's old ass secretary laying out files. The last one she laid out was Carmen's. Being curious, I had to check it out.

Carmen Rebecca Marie Carangi
2/17/1990

We never knew she was a couple of years younger than us. She's been small than everyone since she transferred here. Didn't really look like an eighth grader but was smart as a college school.

I looked down at the calendar and is said she had a meeting with the counselor. I looked at the calendar on the wall and it hit me how long ago this was.

March 27th 2002

I looked through her file and saw her grades, teacher comments, and behavior reports. Along with the behavior reports there was a long list of concerns.

"Carmen Carangi please come to the office" the secretary called over the intercom.

I looked around and saw the counselor standing in the doorway.

Awhile later I went out to the playground just cause I hadn't seen it in so long. It wasn't that big so before I knew it I was at the end. Also at the end was Carmen who had her bookbag beside her and a dated composition book open in front of her. She rocked side to side with her knees drawn up to her chest.
I didn't hear her crying, I just heard her whispering.

"I can't do this mom."

I sat beside her and looked down at the book.

"The pains that have burned me and scarred my soul, it was worth it, for having been allowed to walk where I've walked, which was to hell on earth, heaven on earth, back again, into, under, far in between, through it, in it, and above."

It was dated 7/8/1989 - G. Carangi

Carmen stared at the sky and blinked hard.

I wanted to go back in that classroom and beat my ass but I couldn't. I wanted tell her I'm sorry try to fix this but I couldn't. More than anything I want to go back and do everything differently, but I couldn't.

I felt a tear roll down my cheek and on to my chest. I looked up and I was back in that erie section of the woods, and I could hear my mother talking.

It wasn't clear but I know my mom and I know she's near.

I wasn't sure who she was talking to but I could hear her asking if I was okay. 

Am I..?

_______________

I changed Carmen and Brooke's middle names cause their shits were long asf. When I created them I wanted to make their names meaningful to Gia. So i gave them the names of important people in her life but it was too many people lol. Gia Carangi actually wrote the thing in Carmen's book, it's my fav thing tbh.

Anywhos I hope you've enjoyed it