Okay, wow no one has ever said that to me. I don't know how to respond to this. I sit quietly. We both sit in awkward silence. Finally after a few minutes we reach a diner and Ethan parks his car. We both get out and Ethan opens the door to the diner. The waiter shows us to our tables and we take a seat. "Let's play 20 questions." Ethan says out of nowhere. Gosh, why does this guy wanna know me so badly? "Ok." I mumble. "Okay, me first. What's your favourite colour?" He asks. "Lilac." I say. "What's yours?" I ask back. "I like a grayish-blueish colour." He says, looking at my eyes intensely.

Wait, that's the colour of my eyes. Is this guy flirting with me? "Shut up. What's your actual favourite colour?" I ask. "I told you. The colour of your eyes." He shrugs. "Quit flirting. It's not gonna work." I say. "When is your birthday?" He asks, ignoring what I had just said. "I did say it on the table that day. But it's on the 4th of January." I say. He nods, "Have you ever been in love?" I ask him.

What? I just wanna know. It might explain why he is a player. I mean in those cliche novels the guy is a player cause he got his heart broken, maybe that's why he is a player. "Nah, love is not my thing. It's cringy." He says. Oh wow. "Have you been in love?" He asks me. "No. Not yet." I say. He nods. "When is your birthday?" I ask, realising I didn't know it yet. "26th July." He says. Ok, so his birthday has gone by. Of course it has, he is 18! "First kiss?" He asks me. "Not had it yet." I shrug. I am not embarrassed by the fact I didn't have my first kiss yet. I am saving it for a special moment, for a person who actually likes me maybe. Before he could maybe laugh or make fun of me the waiter comes thankfully, may I add.

I order a cheeseburger while Ethan orders fried chicken. We both wait for our orders and don't really talk. Just a few words here and there. When our orders arrive we both eat and Ethan scrolls through his phone while eating. I look around and spot a couple, they look around our age. They are sitting face to face, the girl is trying to feed the guy a french-fry while the guy is playfully dodging it, in the end the guy opens his mouth and the girl puts it in. I can't help but smile at the little interaction. "What are you smiling for?" Ethan question. I don't turn to face him or remove my smile and say "Nothing." I feel Ethan look at my line of direction and mumble an "Oh." "Isn't it just so cute? I mean they look like they are in love!" I exclaim, finally looking at him. "Yeah. I guess." He mumbles. I know he is feeling uncomfortable, "Let's go home. I am done." I say pushing my now empty plate. "Okay." Ethan motions for the waiter to get our check. When the check arrives at the table I take it and was about to read the price when Ethan pulls it from my hands. "Don't be silly. I am paying. I got you here in the first place." He says. "No. I am paying. Just cause you got me here doesn't mean you pay. Plus I was hungry. That's why we came here in the first place. So it only makes sense if I pay." I say leaning forward to take the check. "Shut up! Let me be a gentleman and pay while you should sit there like a good girl." He says, narrowing his eyes at me. "I'll be a good girl when you learn to actually smile and not smirk. Which would be never!" I say narrowing my eyes too. And then Ethan does something I never expected, he smiled. And for a minute just for a minute I felt the world stop. But soon the moment gets over. Ladies and gentleman, I had just witnessed Ethan Turner smile, and if I say it was not beautiful I would just be lying.

I was so shocked by what I had just seen I didn't even notice Ethan taking out his credit card and giving it to the waiter. I clear my throat awkwardly as I sit back in my seat. "So..." I say. "So..." He repeats, smirking at me. Oh great, we are back to smirking! How great is that (note the sarcasm). "Lets go." Ethan says once he gets his card back. I nod and stand up with him. We both sit in the car and buckle up. Ethan starts driving. "Tell me about your dad." He says out of nowhere and I visibly tense up. Why is he so curious about my family? "I don't have one." I mumble. "Oh. Did he like... die?" He asks awkwardly. "No. I just don't have one." I say. "Right." He mumbles. This guy is up to something, it's like he knows something. Something that he shouldn't know. Wait did he by chance over hear my conversation with grandma? No, he couldn't have. He was with Valentina that time. Right? I am pretty sure he wasn't home. He couldn't be. I am just overthinking. He knows nothing about my dad or mom, he is just curious. Right? Right.