13

There's probably not going to be very many chapters in this story, because I much prefer the other one I'm writing and want to focus on that one, and maybe make another one after, idk yet, but thanks so much for reading!!

Your pregnancy had flown by, you're now 8 months pregnant. You and Aaron had bought a gorgeous house, and moved in a month ago, you had just started working on the nursery. You wake up, blinking to adjust your eyes to the light, rolling over to find Aaron's spot empty. You roll out of bed, rubbing your eyes before grabbing your phone. You quickly dial Jessica's number.

"Hello?" She asks.

"Hey Jessica, is there anyway you can watch Jack for a while today? I have to pick up a few things from my old apartment." You ask, walking into the closet. You had showered with Aaron last night. You walk in, pulling out a few shirts, and some maternity pants.

"Of course, what time do I need to be there?" Jessica asks.

"As soon as you can." You say feeling your phone begin to vibrate against your face, pulling your phone inches from your face to look at the called ID, Chris, you decline, continuing to talk to Jessica.

"Okay, I'll be there in 10." She says.

"Thanks Jess, bye." You say hanging up. You pull off your clothes, slipping on a bra, a size bigger than it had been, a black tank top, high-waisted jeans, and black and white checkered vans. Lastly, you throw on one of Aaron's sweatshirts, grabbing your phone, running down the hall to Jack's room. It was 8:00 in the morning. You felt your phone buzzing against your thigh, pulling it out to see Chris' name pop up. You hesitate before answering. You hadn't told Aaron about how he's been calling, wanting to be able to handle yourself. Last week, you answered one of his calls, calmly expressing that you didn't want to speak to him, you were moving on with your life leaving it in the past. He didn't take it very well, continuing to pester you with phone calls.

"Hello?" You say. You just hear breathing on the other side. "Chris, I'm not stupid. I have caller ID. What do you want?"

"I want to see you." He says quietly, you hold the phone with your shoulder and the side of your face, as you walked into Jack's room.

"No." You say sternly but quietly, walking into the little boys room.

"I will see you." He said. You rolled your eyes, kneeling beside the sleeping boy.

"No. I have to go." You say pulling the phone away from your face.

"Y/n don't you hang up on-" You hung up, tucking your phone into your back pocket.

"Jack, baby it's time to get up." You whisper, rubbing his back, he groans, adjusting his position. You grin, leaning down, peppering his face, causing him to giggle.

"Stop it mama." He laughs, you stop in your tracks, staring down at the little boy. Jack was pretty little when Haley passed, you'd just assumed he'd remembered her, you pick up his feet sitting at the foot of his bed, placing his feet on your legs.

"Jack honey do you remember your mom?" You ask. He nods.

"Yes. I miss her." He says, you nod slowly, slightly confused. "Are you going to marry my daddy?" He asks, his big brown eyes staring up at you. You rub his calf instinctively.

"I don't know baby. I hope so." You say.

"Then will you be my mama?" You laugh at his question.

"If you want me to be your mama, I can do that, but you can't forget about your first mama." You say smiling. He nods and you stand walking over to his drawers, him throwing his legs off the side of the bed, kicking them back and forth. "Now aunt Jessica is gonna come hang out with your for a little while so I can go get stuff from my old apartment." You tell him, rifling through his clothes, pulling out khaki pants, a gray t-shirt, and his little converses. You set them on his bed. Jack has just turned three, but was brilliant, and you and Aaron were trying to teach him to dress himself/. "Get dresses, I'll be back in 5 minutes," You say holding up 5 fingers. "To make sure you're ready. Okay?" He nods, jumping up, pulling off his shirt to change, you chuckle leaving the room. Making everything a game made it much easier to get things done. You walked downstairs, walking into the kitchen, seeing Jessica letting herself in the kitchen door.

"Morning y/n, Jack up?" She asks. You nod, pulling your purse off of the coat stand by the door.

"He's upstairs getting ready." You say, pulling your long hair into a ponytail. You glance at the clock before hearing pattering down the stairs, turning to see Jack running full speed down the stairs.

"Hey I thought I was coming to you." You joke kneeling down to meet the eyes of the young boy.

"I wanted to show you I got dressed all by myself." He says you look him over, his shirt is backwards, pants are unbuttoned, and his shoes are on the wrong feet.

"You did such a good job!" You say reaching out and buttoning his pants. You twist his shirt around, ruffling his hair. "Take off your shoes, just put them on if Jessica needs you to go somewhere.

"Okay."

"No I have to go, you be good for Jessica." You say kneeling down kissing his face.

"Okay okay." He says pushing you off, you laugh as you turn to Jessica.

"I'll be 2 hours at most," You say pulling your keys off of the table by the door.

"Take your time, I enjoy watching Jack." She says.

"Bye." You say shutting the door behind yourself and climbing into your car. You start the car, leaving it in park and pulling out your phone. 5 missed calls from Chris, 1 from Aaron, you smile, calling Aaron back, it rings twice before he picks up.

"Hey baby." He says immediately.

"Hey hun, how's work?" You say, buckling your seatbelt as your phone connects to the bluetooth.

"Long. Paperwork day." He groaned.

"Aw, I'm sorry." You say, turning on the blinker to turn towards your apartment complex.

"Where are you going?" He says, you could hear the wizzing of his printer in the background.

"My apartment. I'm gonna get a few more things." You say pulling into a parking spot. Your new house was surprisingly close to your old apartment.

"Oh. Okay." He says.

"Sir." You hear Garcia's voice chirp out.

"I've got to go baby. Be careful, and get home safely, love you." He says.

"Love you too." You say hanging up and climbing out of the car. You take your time, making your way into your apartment.

"Syd?" You yell. No answer. You pull out your phone. It rings a few times before she picks up.

"Y/n?" She says sleepily.

"Are you still asleep? Where are you?" You say, holding the phone with your shoulder, kicking the door shut as you make your way back to your bedroom.

"I'm at Garret's." She mumbles.

"Okay, well I'm at your apartment, grabbing a few things from my room." You say, walking into your closet, stuffing a bag with clothes.

"Okay, just lock up, and call me when you leave." She says.

"Okay, see you later. Love you." You say, hanging up and shoving your phone in your back pocket. You stuff the last of your clothes into your bag, before walking out towards the door. You stop in your tracks when you see it wide open. You look around, gripping tightly to the strap of your duffle bag.

"Hello? Sydney?" You say, walking to the kitchen, placing the bag on the ground as you grab a water bottle, opening it and taking a sip. You put the top on it, putting it in your bag, picking it up again. You start out the door before it slams shut revealing a person standing behind it. You gasp loudly, dropping the bag.

"My god you're huge." The familiar man says. Your breath is shallow and quick.

"What- what are. What are you doing here?" You say as your uncle Chris takes a few steps towards you.

"I told you I was gonna see you." You take a step back. "Wether you like it or not." He reaches out, grabbing your arm. You jerk, attempting to pull away, to no avail.

"Let go, Chris." You say firmly, he chuckles, tightening his grip on your arm, you yelp as he twists it, pulling your back to his chest. You pull against him resisting. You remember him shushing you, as he covers your face with a rag, your body falling limp in his arms.