𝒖𝒏𝒆 𝒇𝒊𝒍𝒍𝒆 𝒅𝒆 𝒇𝒓𝒂𝒏𝒄𝒆 • 𝒕𝒓𝒆𝒊𝒛𝒆

CHAPTER XIIIhidden secrets

CHAPTER XIII
hidden secrets.

"Whoo! C-minus." Toby celebrates.

"What about you Claire?" you asked.

"C-plus. What did you get Jim?" she replied and turns to her boyfriend.

"D, and probably summer school." he answers, sighing after.

"Ouch." you tease.

"Señor Uhl said that next week's final counts as twenty percent of our grades." Claire informs.

"Well that's great. There's still hope for Jim." you pointed out even when it's obvious.

You stopped, parking your bicycles in front of the Lake's house, then came in.

"But how will I study?" asked Jim.

"Let's bring our books to training, multitasking couldn't hurt that much." Claire suggested.

As soon as you stopped chatting, you all noticed and look at a purse hanging by the staircase.

"Mom?" Jim calls out.

"In here, kids!" you heard a reply to your right.

◆:*:◇:*:◆:*:◇:*:◆

Dr. Lake crosses her arms.

"Oh, hello." you heard an elderly woman say. Looking over to the side, you looked at your aunt, uncle, and Toby's nana, Mrs. Domzalski.

You all let out an awkwardly laugh and wave over them as a sign of greetings. Then, you all looked at Jim's mother, Miss Barbara Lake.

"We need to talk." she said, sternly.

"Those four words are never good." Toby mumbles.

◆:*:◇:*:◆:*:◇:*:◆

As the four of you are seated in separate seats, letting the adult to talk amongst themselves.

"Barbara, what's going on?" your aunt asked Barbara, "In the phone you said our children's lives were in trouble."

"My Toby-pie would never be in trouble. He's an angel." Toby's nana defended.

"Actually, Mrs. Domzalski, I'm afraid they're in serious danger, but it'd be best if they explain. Kids?" Dr. Lake sent y'all a glare with her last word.

As the adults await for you to speak, Claire is the first one to talk, "Uh, I don't know what she's talking about." she denied.

"Neither do I." Toby went along. "Jimbo!" he elbows Jim, "Maybe you could help us out?"

"Umm... uh..." Jim stammers.