Lisa's Fruitless Night

Start from the beginning

Kaeya was a strange pick. When Lisa and Jean stumbled upon him along the way, he kept chuckling to himself like he'd planned to meet them all along. The guy was scarily intuitive. It's as if outsmarting him would land you in prison as a result.

There were others such as Venti who happily joined their little group, Klee and Amber were also accompanying them, curious and lost as to what they should do.

Diluc made a turn to leave. Kaeya pulled at his collar, causing the red-haired loner to flail his arms upwards, one foot raised up, his back arching to fall.

He glared at the one-eyed maniac, "What the hell do you think you're doing?"

Kaeya simply broadened his smug look, able to catch Diluc off guard, "As per the Acting Grand Master's wishes. You are to abide by her jurisdiction until she chooses to release you."

"Says who? I'm not affiliated with you high moral horses." 

Fischl folded her arms together, displeased by the brother's bickering, "A flawless execution of gaucherie. Obstreperous beings withholding hubris at its peak. Such a day is fundamental but coincides with gloom."

Venti exclaimed cheerily, "You have quite a way with words, Ms...?" 

"Fischl, Prinzessin der Verurteilung, Sovereign of Immernachtreich, castigator of the irredeemable." She posed, her eye in between her index and middle finger.

"N-nice to meet you?" Venti stumbled a bit on what she said after her name.

Aether sighed, "I feel you buddy."

Paimon joined in, bouncing her feet, "So what is going to happen, Lisa?" 

Lisa started, "Jean wishes for us to partake in combat, a practice session if you will,"

Diluc looked at Jean. Jean looked at Diluc. Diluc turned around. Diluc tried walking away. 

Kaeya pulled at his boots.

Diluc fell to the ground.

~*~

In an open field, the group was attracting the eyes of other travelers. The battles hadn't even started yet.

"I have a lot of customers to tend to," 

Paimon yelled, "Don't be a spoilsport, Diluc! It's not everyday we're together like this!" 

"Ugh."

Lisa was now going to explain. She didn't miss Aether's blush. She tried not being affected by it. 

"As what Jean says, to improve our chances of survival for the future, she wants to simulate a real battle where you're given handicaps."

"You mean fight with one eye?" Amber asked.

"That's the gist of it. But Jean was thinking more along the lines of spontaneity. We will be randomly picking between all of you and selecting what your limits are in battle. It could be using only one leg throughout the match or fighting blindfolded."

"B-blind?!" Klee shrieked, panicking if that was what she would do. She shivered. And that wasn't because of the weather. "Oh dear. Oh dear... Klee's gonna bonk this one."

"Just throw your bombs everywhere, Klee." Kaeya suggested.

"That's a stupid idea," Diluc mentioned.

"Now then," Lisa took out two jars. "One jar has our names. The second one has the rules of the fight."

It didn't seem obvious from afar but Diluc was strangely excited. His knees wagged.