Shimmering Ningguang

Obligations aren't finished immediately with a detrimental quality of levity. In Liyue, effort is recognized through one's presence and fiddling with the scrolls of ancient history. It is through these tales that civilization underwent a spectacular metamorphosis. 

Through the God of Contracts, through his Yakshas, and the weight of the Archon War a faraway nightmare from today's time, those fragments of the past knew their purpose very well. Ningguang, the Tianquan of the Qixing understood what obligations she harbored ever since she was young. As described by others, she struggled on her own and arose on her own. 

And at the moment, she was presented with several cases of citizens that have been prominent in getting their names notoriously inscribed into their criminal records. To someone like the Tianquan, this was nothing more than cleaning up the dust that remained underneath the dressers.

After the destruction that smashed the Jade Chamber into oblivion, Ningguang was going to have to find another way to resurrect it back. Her light red eyes skittered across the details of the epistles, the edge of her index finger softly pressed against her lips that blew gentle clouds out of it.

It was one thing to be doing crimes in the middle of a festival and it was also another unique sight that Ningguang almost let her vision droop into a perishing slumber. How could she stop when all she knew was fulfilling her duties? Rest was only for those who didn't have such heavy burdens. Leisure was for the people who worry less than the rest. Letting her humane weaknesses such as loss of energy would be a bad excuse for her to succumb to sleep. 

She was never like this. Ningguang always did things on time and made sure to allot limited durations to breaks and nimble food ventures. There could only be one reason why she was spending more time assigning specific guards of the Millelith in different sectors to punish the transgressors.

It was through the sound of her door bursting open caused by someone's formidable heel. 

The Captain of the Crux was known to be fearless, adamant, and uncaring of any formalities. Here she was in her sleeveless red dress, a bottle of liquor in hand, cheeks flushed and strides perpetual. Beidou could be one of the reasons why the Tianquan can't finish some things on time. The actual reason? The dastardly charming but adventure-driven woman who loved the sea dragged Ningguang around Liyue for giggles and laughter. 

Even if Ningguang already grew accustomed to the soil of her home, the fleet captain's grip on her was unbreakable, almost similar to a Geovishap's anatomy, highly resilient. They scuffled around Liyue for a day and that already laid about various time-related consequences to Ningguang.

At least she was wealthier than wealth itself.

Ningguang didn't miss the way Beidou's body moved differently. Of course, she was drunk. She must've been out having too much fun with her crew again. Now that the fleet captain hired Xiangling as her personal cook, the merriment of the ship grew tenfold with her knowledge on recipes, as well as the alcohol...

Beidou had been silent the whole time she crossed over to Ningguang's side until she hugged the Tianquan from behind her chair. This did annoy the white-haired woman a bit.

"I see you've been occupied with ignominious activities. Where have you been lately?" Ningguang asked while under her drunken embrace.

"It's nice to know you're aware I can still talk while intoxicated..." Beidou replied.

"We traded drinks in the past. Personally, you should never have too much when we gather for private meetings with the other Qixing."

Beidou bellowed a hearty laugh, remembering the time she spilled her drink on Uncle Tian. She didn't even apologize and offered one of her crewmen's attire as another alternative. Ningguang was burning with urgency at that moment because matters like these tend to be swift. Although her facial expressions were as calm as the waters, her internal rage was nothing to scoff at. Never fight with someone well-versed in trades and partnerships, they were the deadliest of all.