After

Hey friends. Teresa here. This is my first fan fiction! Please leave feed back negative or positive❤️ enjoy.

Kyoshi took one last look at Yokoya from the air. As her air nomad assistant, Jinpa, took his sky bison higher into the sky, Kyoshi saw her destruction.

In the fight with the falsely identified Avatar and her friend, they'd destroyed their former mentors mansion. She loved him. Yun. She really did but he was beyond saving. She could see the deep cracks in the training grounds and the roofs collapsed in. People from the town down the hill must've been terrified by the explosive destruction of not just the Avatar herself but also a powerful earth bender who was empowered by a dark spirit.

Not that Kyoshi felt bad about how the farming town felt. They'd turned her away, one by one, when she was a starving, sick, and alone little girl. Abandoned by her parents. They never showed her sympathy despite her need. But she was the Avatar. And she was building a reputation recently of spilling blood, lots of it. Kyoshi wanted to be strong and intimidating to those who took from others and hurt the vulnerable. She was not good, however, of portraying herself as caring. Yet she would display her power over others and then menacingly leave with a trail of dead behind her. She killed for the good of humanity but in the most terrifying way.

She heard a silent cough ring out as the sky bison leveled off.

Rangi.

Kyoshi looked down at her. She was normally a strong and fierce presence. Raven black hair tied up in a top-not with a strong face, dark brown eyes with speckles of gold, and beautiful dark lips that could break through Kyoshi's stoic toughness.

Now Rangi was vulnerable. In the battle with Yun she was stabbed straight through the back. Kyoshi remembered the look of terror in her loves eyes as she felt the earth move through her core. Kyoshi knew some healing as she was a water bender after all. She'd stabilized Rangi and was now taking her, Rangi's mother, Jinpa (her assistant), and Atuat a healer who's homeland they were destined for.

Kyoshi reached down and strongly grabbed Rangi's hands. They were cold as she'd lost a lot of blood. This was unusual as well because Rangi was a warm person. She was a strong fire bender and fiercely protective of the people closest to her.

Rangi opened her eyes to look up at the person sitting next to her. Kyoshi looked worn as well. Her white, red, and black makeup was stained with dirt and sweat, maybe blood. But she was okay. Rangi was not.

Get some rest. Kyoshi said softly.

Rangi drifted off into an uncomfortable sleep with her head in Kyoshi's lap.

Hei-Ran sat up front next to Atuat. She thought about how her daughter was suffering. But Hei-Ran was too. She was a victim of Yun a week before her daughter was. With the help of Atuat she was recovering but she'd still had trouble speaking because she was stabbed in the throat. She thought of her healer friend and how she'd been there for her through some of her toughest injuries. They'd been through a lot together. She looked towards her and admired her. Her long braided silver hair was waving in the wind and the setting sun glowed on her soft round face. She seemed to be flowing with positive chi.

Hei Ran?

The former headmistress snapped out of her intrusive trance.

Sorry I was just thinking.

Hei-Ran spoke with a soft but raspy voice.

I could tell haha.

Atuat said but took a pause and glanced over at Hei-Ran's daughter.

She's going to be okay. Yun missed her heart and she's stable right now. Rangi... she's a strong young woman. The girl never fails to impress me... kind of like her mother.

Hei-Ran blushed. But then looked down and chuckled. She'd lost her honor by identifying the wrong Avatar and then felt guilty for his demise. She looked exactly like her daughter in almost every way. People often mistook them for sisters. The only noticeable difference was some graying in Hei-Ran's dark hair.

I used to be strong like her. Now I feel like I can only be strong for her. She doesn't need me anymore but I will always be her mother and she makes me proud.

She smiled at her own painfully spoken words. She then laughed a bit

She can also be a bitch.