Chapter 2: Pictures, Possibilities, Panic / Northern

I was lying on my bed. My earbuds in and the sound turned up. Listening to O.D.D by Hey Violet. Ever since Grandpa found out about Cally's mom's dream, and the fact that I was in it, he wouldn't let me leave the farm. It wasn't something that I really minded, it's not like I had anywhere else to go. It was Sunday so school wasn't really a problem. 

*knock knock knock*  The door interrupted my thoughts. I turned my head and saw Cally. Since I couldn't leave the farm, she had convinced her mom to let her come over for a slumber party.

"Hey girl!" she said.

"Hey."

"How are you doing?" she sat on my bed.

"Being trapped in the house? Not too bad. Grandpa has become a little bit overprotective, but I know he's just worried."

"I'm sorry, if I never told you about mom's dream, you wouldn't be stuck."

"It's fine, and it's not your fault. You don't control your mom's dreams."

"True, so what's on the party agenda?"

"Pillow fight, Movies with Grandpa, and homemade Ice cream."

"Sweet!"

________________________________________________________________________________

My gloves were off and I held the small ice cream maker in my hands, while Cally was churning the mostly unfrozen ice cream. This was the best part of having ice powers in my opinion. 

"Is it hard yet?" I ask.

"For the hundredth time! No! North have some patience."

I laugh and Grandpa walks in, "Are you two done with that ice cream yet? I've got the living room all ready, complete with popcorn and extra pillows and blankets."

"You both are impossible!" Cally exclaimed, "No, it's not ready yet!"

"I could turn the temperature down." 

"Oh, no, I rather not be eating a frozen rock tonight. We're doing this the right way."

"You mean the slow way."

"Oh, shut up." 

We both ended up laughing.

"Well don't take to much longer, I hate for the movie to start with out you two." Grandpa said as he grabbed a bottle of juice, from the fridge.

"What's on tonight?"

"Transformers the Movie. The original cartoon one from the 80s, not the live-action ones." Grandpa said. He always loved showing us the older cartoons, of his day. Sure, they didn't look like the high definitions and the sound was a little weird but they were still fun, and grandpa loved showing them to us. So, how can we say no?

Mom loved watching them with us too. Before she died that is. I remember her helping us make hot chocolate and popcorn with her powers and, snuggle up with us. It was always the best thing of cold winter nights. Winter... She said it reminder her of Dad. Maybe he liked movie nights too.

"OK! North! it's done you don't have to keep freezing it." Cally said snapping me out of my thoughts.

I had accidentally over frozen the ice cream machine. A thick layer of white frost and icicles had formed around the little contraption. It looked white and spiky.

"Oops."

"Well, I guess we're chewing our ice cream."

________________________________________________________________________________