Chapter 16 - Reveal

The next day, Leon went back to the Tower under the disguise of Liam. He saw Nadine and went to her. She started walking the other way, but he told her, "Wait, I just want to apologize."

She stopped, not bothering to turn around. He told her, "I'm sorry about last night, I didn't mean to be so insensitive. I'm sorry I brought it up and I'm sorry I made you hurt. It won't happen again."

There was a beat of silence before she growled, not turning to face him, "Liar." She continued down the hall in her fit of anger. Liam had to hide the growl in his throat. She was making this harder for him than it should have been.

He turned around, wincing as his hand reached to his back. The wounds from his punishment were going to hurt for a while. Last night wasn't the first time he'd been sent to the stables and he didn't think it would be his last.

When the werewolves were sent to the stables, they were locked in a pillory and whipped as a punishment. It was extreme and old-fashioned, but it was only one of the punishments added when Nikolai became Alpha. It wasn't even the worst one.

He didn't want to be sent back to the stables, so he would wait patiently and do nothing to jeopardize his position. This was going to be some mission.

~

Leon sunk in as Liam as he got into character more. You were not bothering him as much with the way he was acting, oblivious to the werewolf. Nadine only grew away from him, not trusting him for a second.

Leon was becoming frustrated. Nadine was never in the room alone, she always made sure to have someone with her. He would ask to get her alone, but she'd refuse with everything she had. She was beginning to catch onto what he was.

Wanda was cooking dinner for the team and you were helping set the table. Nadine came in, spotting an extra seat, "Who's that for?"

"Liam," you told her, "He's staying over for dinner. Can you give me the drink?"

Nadine nodded and turned to seethe pitcher on the counter. She looked at you and Wanda, doing your tasks.

Slowly, she slipped an herb into the pitcher, swishing the water a little bit before handing it over to you. You thanked her and poured the drink into everyone's cups.

When everyone was called down to dinner, Nadine sat next to you, Wanda on your other side.

Everyone came down happily and saw the food. "Ah, yes! Love this one," Clint exclaimed. They all sat down and dug in.

They gave compliments to the chef, who answered with a smile, "Thank you, thank you. I know, you love it!"

There were laughs around the table as everyone enjoyed their meal. Natasha took a sip of her water, looking up suspiciously at you and Nadine. She set the drink down and you asked, "What?"

She shook her head, "Nothing, thought about something."

She glanced at Nadine, who knew she caught on. She lifted a finger, very small to make sure she wasn't seen by anyone but Natasha. She mouthed, "Wait."

Liam lifted the cup to his mouth and took a sip out of it. He exclaimed, standing up in a hurry as he went to spit out the water. All eyes turned to him and you said, "Hey, hey! What happened?"

Liam pointed to the cup, "It's been drugged."

You shook your head, "No, it hasn't." She took a drink rom her cup and stopped, "Yes, it has. But not my sage."

She looked up and over at Liam, "This is wolfsbane. This shouldn't effect you."

Liam looked around, realizing his mistake. Nadine stood up quickly and began backing him into the wall.