Chapter 5 - Bonding

You were in the kitchen with Wanda, putting together the ingredients for the Shepherd's Pie you were making together. You were mashing the potatoes, making sure they were lumpy. When Wanda turned around to see what you were doing, you flicked a spoonful of potatoes in her face.

Her eyes clenched closed as her mouth opened, surprised from the flying potatoes. She gasped as she wiped the food from her face and flicked her wrist, throwing the potatoes at you. In an attempt to dodge it, you moved right in the way of the potatoes.

You laughed as you took another spoonful of potatoes, getting ready to throw it at Wanda, when Natasha came to the counter and told you both, "As much as I would love to see a two on two food war turn into a Tower full of superheros throwing food around and having to clean up later, that's exactly it: you will have to clean it later. By yourselves. Besides, Thor is getting hungry."

"Thor?" You asked.

Natasha nodded and said, "He's another member here? Did you not know?"

You rolled your eyes, flicking the spoon at Wanda while she was distracted and saying, "Course I know that. He's here?"

Natasha nodded, "Got here a few minutes ago, actually. He was in Asgard on otherworldly business or something."

You nodded, "Well, then. I hope he likes Shepherd's Pie, because we're making a lot."

Wanda chuckled as she removed the potatoes from her face. You laughed at her and she shook her head, walking passed you and smearing the potatoes on your cheek. You laughed again and earned a chuckle from Natasha as she walked off, shaking her head and muttering about messy cooks.

You both continued putting the food together and eventually had it assembled, putting it in the oven and letting it bake.

When you popped it in the oven, you sat on the counter and patted the spot next to you for Wanda to sit. She did after she washed the last dish in the sink and gave you a smile. You swung your legs as you spoke, "I'm bored. Let's play 20 Questions. My own version of the game."

She nodded and said, "Sure, how does it go?"

"I ask you 20 questions and you answer truthfully."

She chuckled, "Easy enough. But...that's not how you that game goes..."

You shrugged, "I know. My own version, remember?"

She chuckled and you spoke, "Okay, first question... What show is your favorite?"

Wanda thought for a moment as she blew out a breath and then blushed a little before she explained, "I actually have two shows that are intertwined..."

You nodded for her to continue and she slowly said, "The Vampire Diaries and the Originals." You held back your laugh as you said, "Very interesting choice."

She could hear the laugh that was trying to escape and she raised her hands, "Okay, okay. I know, it's silly."

You shook your head as you told her, "No, no, no. I love the shows, too. They're great. Which brings me to my next question. Vampires, werewolves, or witches?"

She sighed as she thought for a moment, "The witches seem to end up getting on my nerves, besides Bonnie and Davina. I do actually really like them. But Elijah, don't get me started. I'll have to go with vampires."

You smiled at her even more as you spoke, "I'm glad you chose vampires." She rolled her eyes and you shrugged, "I gotta say...Love Elijah so much. Mm, I'd marry him."

She laughed as she nodded, "Yeah, he's great."

You nudged her shoulder as you asked her, "Do you like to people watch?"