Chapter 1-Being in the Band

I sat there watching the clock, waiting for it to be over. Listening to the constant noise of Mr. Yon was unbearable, and yes his name is pronounced yawn. I felt my eyes drooping as the clock blurred out of vision. The second my head hit the table I heard Mr. Yon's whiny voice piercing my ear drums.
"Wake up Miss. Davis!" He shouted as he slammed a text book on my desk.
I jumped in surprise to the sharp noise and sat up straight. Just as he was starting to give a long lecture about respect the bell rang. I grabbed my stuff and practically bolted out the door.

I went to my locker and opened it up. It smelled of old lunches I had left in there and had forgotten to bring back home. I picked up one and opened the tuber ware container. There was a moldy deli sandwich and a rotten banana inside. I gagged and put it back in my locker. I put my heavy text book in my locker and made a mental note to bring the old rotting lunches home after school. My next period was Choir, my favorite class and my last class for the day. I shut my locker door and headed down the hallway to Mrs. Collin's room. Once I entered I saw my friend Colette waving at me. I sat down at the desk next to her in the front row and said hello to Nate as I sat in front of him.
"Hey Jesse! Have you considered being in the band yet?" Colette said as she poked me in the arm.
"No. Because you have asked me hundreds of times already if I wanted to be the lead singer, and I have refused each time. What makes you think I will have a different answer?" I said a little bit annoyed.
"I keep asking you because I know at some point you'll get so tired of being bugged that you'll give in!" Colette responded poking me in the arm again.
I sighed and said I would think about it. Nate cheered and rejoiced in the fact that I was at least going to consider joining.

That night I actually did think about it and I tried to convince myself that I would get to scared on stage and vomit in front of the audience. But then I looked at the positive side and realized that I would probably never get another experience like the one that was being offered to me right then. So as I lied in my bed I decided I would do it.