taeyong smiled as he walked hand-in-hand with jaehyun down the streets of dongdaemun. the other male was currently carrying all of the shopping bags as the older happily licked his ice cream that they got a few minutes earlier.

"mmh, jae, can we go to that thrift shop? i want some new pants," taeyong said as he gave jaehyun puppy eyes and how could jaehyun possibly resist those even if they already blew off way too much money?

sighing, the taller male walked over to a trash can to throw away the paper from the ice cream cone and turned around to face taeyong.

"fine but do you promise to limit yourself?"

taeyong gave a cheeky smile and skipped away.

"no not at all but you're still going to come with me because you loooove me!"

"highly doubt it," jaehyun said but still followed the male that was happily skipping away.

taeyong who was sporting fading red hair that made him look like a strawberry in jaehyun's eyes, pulled the door of the store open and was immediately hit with a blast of warm air that helped him to slightly unfreeze his body. it wasn't that far into fall yet seoul was already freezing and honestly no one would be surprised if snow started to fall soon.

the door closed behind taeyong with a loud thud and jaehyun nearly ran into it, the only reason that he didn't being that he was actually paying attention to his surroundings.

sighing, he forced the door open slightly with one very full hand and pushed it further with the help of his foot, just enough for him to squeeze through along with the ten (give or take, probably give) shopping bags.

"jaehyun, jaehyun, jaehyun!! don't you think these look really nice?" taeyong asked as he pointed to a casual beige button up shirt that was a few sizes too big.

jaehyun furrowed his eyebrows.

"i mean... it looks good but didn't you come here for pants?"

"yep! but i saw this so i'm getting this and some pants!" taeyong said giddily, grabbing the short and walking away in search of pants that would go with it.

the younger male winced as he could hear taeyong's wallet crying even more and also from the bags on his arm cutting off his blood circulation. he switched them to the other arm and waited for taeyong to pop out from somewhere within the depths of the clothes racks, eyes lit up in excitement as he held some article of clothing that caught his interest.

and soon enough, that's exactly what happened and he was luckily only holding a pair of acid washed jeans and the shirt he found earlier.

"jae i think i have everything. let's go?"

jaehyun smiled at the male as he only nudged his head towards the direction of the cash register causing taeyong to hit his forehead lightly with the palm of his hand. he threw a sheepish smile at his friend before walking towards the register to pay for his clothes before going back to where jaehyun was still standing.

"ok how about we go now?"

✈️

the strawberry-haired male observed his busy surroundings with wide eyes. there were a lot of people around him and he felt like he was caving in. it usually wasn't this bad but with people pushing and pulling all around him, he desperately clutched onto jaehyun's coat sleeve for some sense of comfort, his head automatically tucking itself into the crook of his neck.

jaehyun held taeyong's hand as he navigated through the crowded street and pulled them through the door and into the restaurant that taeyong requested to go to.

it was a homely area that wasn't too big nor small and was filled with shades of tan, cream, and white. pictures of appetizing noodle dishes were framed and hung in the walls, advertising the different dishes that were offered.

"tae, you can let go now," jaehyun said softly, not wanting to startle the male.

taeyong nodded and loosened his grip on jaehyun's sleeve slightly. he took another minute to completely let go before they were lead to a booth to sit in.

jaehyun set the shopping bags down before sliding into the booth and grabbing the menu.

taeyong did the same, eyes scanning the many dishes that were available.

"hey taeyong, jaehyun. what can i get for you guys today?"

the two said males looked up and each shot a wide smile at the waiter who happened to be one of their close friends, moon taeil. he currently co-owned the restaurant they were in with his husband, lee donghyuck.

"hi taeil hyung! can i get a spicy cream udon bowl and a bottle of strawberry ramune?" taeyong asked as he closed the menu and slid it to the man.

"of course and what about you jae?"

"i'll get a beef udon bowl with original ramune."

taeil smiled at the two and tucked the notepad into his apron before grabbing the two menus.

"they'll be out in a bit."

taeyong smiled at his hyung before he pulled out his phone and clicked on instagram, opening it to see an overwhelming amount of notifications flooding his phone at one time, causing him to abruptly exit out of the app. huffing, he decided to play a random game to distract himself until the food arrived. at least, that's what he was about to do until his phone was plucked out of his hands by the male sitting across from him.

"jaehyun, give me my phone back!" taeyong said, standing up slightly and stretching his arm in a poor attempt to reach his confiscated phone.

"nuh uh, no phone remember? we all know that that's all you'll do anyway once you get back home so we'll just talk for now."

the strawberry-haired male huffed and crossed his arms almost childishly as his younger friend watching him with amusement glittering in his eyes.

"so, what was the most memorable part of your flights this round?"

taeyong hummed as he thought back through the past couple of months.

"well, for starters, i met the son of the owner of korean air. he asked me to stay with him in his cabin because he has flight sickness," taeyong said. "i wonder how he is..."

jaehyun frowned slightly but quickly wiped his frown off his face when taeil walked over carrying a tray with their food.

the two elapsed into silence as they ate their food, savoring in the familiar taste of their favorite restaurant. the sound of the tv and the buzz of the few customers inside filled the silence between them and taeyong decided to look at the tv that was currently on the news channel.

"the ceo of the hanjin group, kim joonwoo, has announced that he will be stepping down from his position and handing it over to his son kim dongyoung. the new ceo will take over the group, thereby also taking over multiple companies such as korean air. more information regarding this will be shown soon so please stay tuned."

taeyong smiled slightly.

'at least you're doing well doyoung. take care of yourself.'

-

this chapter really went from originally being around 700 words and fluff between jaehyun and yong to 1200 words and including a slight bit of emo shit at the end. fun.