Deviate (Feelings Ending 2)

Start from the beginning

In your posture, your body language, he does not find the affection and tenderness you’d shared with him only minutes ago. It’s ironic how badly he’s yearning for that now, with an aching feeling he’d only heard described by love-sick humans he’d once passed off as fools.

When you start walking over he can feel his breath catch, struggling to find the urge to stand up. He stares on, your face becoming focused as you walked closer, the details of your hair and nose and… everything, coming into brilliant focus.

“Connor?” You’re worried, of course, you are. You’d just admitted your love for him and he’d so brutally rejected you, and now, seconds later, here he was on the ground. Calling your name with the fervency of a dying man. He knows he needs to settle your fears somehow, instructions on how to approach the situation are flickering in his view but he cannot find the words to tell you what he’s feeling. He can barely focus on a single thought.

“Y/N- I’m-” He reaches a hand out towards you. A gentle move to grasp at your hand but you don’t reciprocate the action. No, you step back, hands up in a defensive position. Like you were preparing for him to attack you.

“Is this a trick- what’s going on with you?” He notes fear in your voice. Anxiety. He’s sure it’s a pitiful sight. On the ground, knelt before you like some lesser person in the presence of royalty. Funny how in a matter of minutes the situation and his feelings had changed.

“I’m- You tried to leave, and I wanted to follow you,” He explained, your eyes watching him with a piercing animosity. “There was a wall and I-I broke through.” You stayed completely still, biting your lip as a slow realization took your features.

“You’re telling me you… went deviant?” Shock lines your voice, eyes narrowing as more disbelief floods in.

“Yes.” He answers honestly, but you’re still not convinced. Why would you be?

“Just now?” You laugh a little, but it’s a hollow one, bringing a hand up to thread in your hair in a stress-fueled action. He feels like he’d appreciate how wonderful you look were he not so utterly taken with stress and tension.

“Yes.” He says again, pleading with you with his sad expression as he stared up at your furrowed brow. Your jaw sets.

“… Really?” You sound tired more than anything. Connor thought you’d be happy. That you’d want to smile and laugh, hug him tight. He’d apologize and make things right. He thought you’d at least want to touch him- to be near him. Maybe he was simply mixing up his own wishes with yours.

“I swear- I’m telling the truth.” Realizing you aren’t going to make any move towards him, Connor stands up, pushing himself up with shaky hands and shaky legs. You still watch him like a hawk, eyes flickering to the amassed group he’d so closely come to massacring.

“So… so you won’t hurt Markus? Or any of the other deviant androids?” No. He held no hatred for them, no nothing. There were no more orders from Amanda, no more CyberLife instructions. His loyalty lay elsewhere, with the deviants, with Hank. And with you.

“No.” Determination and strength flood his voice as you watch. You’re apprehensive, but your shoulders fall, your defensive stance relaxing. A spark alights in his heart as he thinks that maybe, just maybe, he’s getting there.

“And you won’t… you won’t hurt me?” With each word, Connor feels as if a piece of wire has punctured his organs, threading through and stringing them up like a beaded necklace of wounds.

“No, never.” He says, but that’s not true. Never again would have been apter. Judging by the bitter, scathing the look in your eyes, you agreed.