forty-three

season 10, episode 1 - seal our fate

THERE THEY WERE STANDING FACE TO FACE, AS ALLISON WAITED for anything, it felt like forever when Jackson finally spoke but it wasn't the words she wanted to hear, "Allison, you're getting married

THERE THEY WERE STANDING FACE TO FACE, AS ALLISON WAITED for anything, it felt like forever when Jackson finally spoke but it wasn't the words she wanted to hear, "Allison, you're getting married."

"Unless I'm not." Allison looked at him, three words, eight letters, all she had to do was say them, "I lo—"

The sound of the curtains opening interrupted Allison. Stephanie walked in seeing her boyfriend laying there, "I just heard. Are you okay."

Stephanie hugged Jackson, as his eyes were glued to Allison, before she looked away. It felt as they were the only two people, until reality snapped back at her, they weren't the two people for one another, there were other parties involved.

***

"Oh, baby's sleepin'" Bailey whispered, holding Meredith and Derek's son, Derek Bailey Shepherd. When Allison left Jackson and Stephanie alone she cleaned herself up since she was paged to go to Meredith's room, having heard she gave birth. Allison cooed at the baby, as she smiled.

Cristina took a picture of Bailey holding the baby and Owen walked around Meredith's bed to get to the front. "Okay, we should get started. Um, Bailey, we need some Board business that we need to disc—"

"I'm not going anywhere." Bailey said, her eyes still on the baby, "Me and this baby got Bailey business to discuss. Don't we? Yes, Mr. Derek Bailey Shepherd." Allison and Arizona chuckled as Bailey walked away to go to the chair in the corner of the room, "Yes, we do."

"What does Zola think of him?" Arizona asked Meredith, once she looked away from the baby.

"Oh, she wants to take him to day care for show and tell." Meredith smiled.

Derek looked at Owen, "Where's Richard?"

"I paged all the board members."

"Well, Avery should be here too." Derek nodded, Allison tensed at the mention of the green-eyed doctor.

"Yeah." Owen sighed, "Well, he was being hero last night. He dislocated his shoulder saving a kid from the bus crash."

"What bus crash?" Meredith asked, having to miss everything since she was in surgery for a c-section.

"She had a baby." Cristina dismissed, seeing as her friend was confused with all of the events that happened in the storm, "She doesn't know things."

"So tell me."

Allison nodded as she informed her friend, "A church was evacuating some people and their bus overturned."

"Good news is, everyone survived, and there are no major injuries." Owen informed.

"And the bad news?" Arizona asked.

"Everything else. The blood bank is flooded, and the E.R. looks like it was ransacked."