Ch 6: Costume Design

Start from the beginning

Aika: "It's perfect." She said, then a smile started to form on her face.

N: She grabbed the clothes that continued to float and placed them on her bed. Her hair stopped floating and the circle beneath her feet vanished. She thought it was perfect but Echo-Shade thought otherwise.

Echo-Shade: "Somethings missing." He said.

N: Aika looked at him with confusion. Echo-Shade grabbed the hood of her outfit and the dark cloth and his eyes began to glow. Aika saw nothing but his glowing red eyes, then she noticed two red gems appeared on her hood and cloth. They both began to glow like his eyes.

Echo-Shade: "There. Now it's complete." He said as she continued to stare at the glowing gems. "What? You didn't honestly think I wouldn't add something to it did you?" He said with a grin.

N: She smiled and looked at him and rubbed his head.

Aika: "Thank you Echo-Shade. Now I'll know that you'll always be apart of it." She said with a smile.

Aika: "It's still pretty early. How bout we get some breakfast?" She asked.

Echo-Shade: "I still think you should go back to bed." He said as he crossed his arms.

Aika: "Wow, your actually starting to sound like an actual big brother. I'm already wide awake so I doubt I'll be able to go back to bed anyways." She said as she grabbed her costume.

Echo-Shade: "What are you doing?"

Aika: "I'm gonna try it on. Now if you don't mind." She said as she swatted her hand to him.

N: Echo-Shade nodded at her and went away. Aika took off her clothes and put on her costume. She wanted to see how she looked so she made a mirror out of the shadow of her bed. She looked at her reflection and began to smile.

Aika: "Well Echo..what do ya think?" She asked as she waited for him to respond. He appeared beside her.

Echo-Shade: "You look like a true hero."

Aika: "You think so?" She asked as she took off her hood.

Echo-Shade: "No. I know so." He said as he patted her head.

Aika: "Thanks, "big brother." She said teasingly.

N: She checked her phone and saw that it was 6:30 in the morning. She told Echo-Shade to leave so she could change into her uniform for class. When she changed into her uniform her costume vanished into her shadow, and her mirror returned to being her beads shadow. She made her way to the common room and she was the first one up. She grabbed an apple and a granola bar and made some coffee. She sat down on the couch in the common room and went through her phone. She saw some new messages from her oldest and best friends from her previous school.

Lea: "Heyyy! How's U.A. treating ya?
Yuri: "Did you meet anyone new?"
Fuji: "Whts up our little warrior?!"
Ankoku: "Did you use ur quirk well?"
Akari: "I hope their all treating you respectfully."
Ruki: "Having fun at ur new school?"

N: She sent them all the same message.

Aika: "Everything's ok so far. Don't worry I'm fine, but I'll let you know if anything new happens. Tlk to ya guy's later."

N: She put her phone away and finished her apple and granola bar, and finished her coffee. She decided to head to her classroom a little earlier today. She was outside her classroom but she decided to head inside since she thought no one would be inside yet. But then she saw Mr. Aizawa in his sleeping bag.

Aizawa: "What are you doing here so early Amari?" He asked as he stepped out of his sleeping bag.

Aika: "My apologies sir. I just thought I would come in early today. I didn't think you'd be here." She said as she bowed her head.

Aizawa: "Well alright. At least you finally decided to come in your uniform." He said giving her a sleepy stare. "I actually have to deliver these papers to the principal. Go ahead and do what you want, just don't break anything." He said as he headed for the door.

N: She gave him a nod and he left. She was all alone. She then started to realize that class starts at 8:15 and it was barely 7:15. She let out a sigh and went to her seat and just watched the clock and tapped her fingers on her desk.

Aika: "Okay, yeah I should have stayed in my dorm." She said putting her head in her hand.

Echo-Shade: "Told you so." He said as he appeared beside her.

Aika: "Don't start Echo." She said as she gave him a glare.

N: Aika sat back in her chair and started to move her fingers and three shadow orbs appeared and she made them circle around each other as they floated over her hand.

Echo-Shade: "Well what do you wanna do now?" He asked.

Aika: "Well...we could be creative." She said with a grin and stood up from her desk.

N: She stood in the middle of the room and began to put her hands close together, and her hair began to float again, and a dark purple glowing circle appeared like in her dorm. She started to make different things out of the shadows in the room and with her quirk as well. She made little shadow animals with glowing red eyes and watched them run and float around the classroom.

Aika: "I wish I could make these little guy's with their natural colors they have in real life." She said as she made a black fox with red eyes.

N: She pet the fox and watched it run around in the air. She enjoyed making animals out of shadows, it's like she lets out pieces of her heart and soul run wild. But sometimes she wishes that when she makes things out of shadows they could be in different colors. Especially the animals, but she's happy to just see them run and fly around freely.

Echo-Shade: "Having fun?"

N: She nodded as she made a phoenix and set it on her arm and gave it a little push off. She watched it fly around the room with a smile on her face as she leaned on a desk.

Aika: "You know Echo..everyday is new and with every new day I make a new shadow. But...I don't come any closer to making a new life." She said while she continued to smile. "But, that's alright I guess. Because I know not to get my hopes up on something that will never change." She said with a smile as she made a big butterfly.

Echo-Shade: "Aika, I really hope that your life here will change. And that you'll become a hero." He said in a reassuring tone.

Aika: "Thanks Echo. I hope so too." She said as she watched all the animals run around and fly in the air.

N: Aika watched all her little shadows run and fly around the classroom and she continued to make more. Each one she made, made her smile grow. She felt like she was apart of the shadows, and she was. She saw and felt everything they did, she had a link to every shadow she made. When they all flew or ran around she felt every little breeze under their wings and legs. It made her feel free, like she was the happy little girl she used to be, running around with the wind at her back.