Ch 41: Almost Caught

"The names Masaki. Masaki Hiroto."

N: Tokoyami's glare deepened and he squeezed Hiroto's hand harder without realizing it.

Hiroto: "Ah!"

Tokoyami: "Oh! Sorry."

Hiroto: "Nah. It's alright, that's a strong grip ya got there." He said shaking his hand.

N: Tokoyami didn't respond instead he just glared at Hiroto as he stood there smiling while shaking the feeling from his hand.

Tokoyami: "So, Masaki. This girlfriend of your's what's her name?"

Hiroto: "Her names Amari. Well her full names Aika Amari. But we're not big on the whole last name thing, so I just call her by her first name or I just call her my love song ya know."

N: And just like that, with his eyes wide, instant rage filled Tokoyami. He balled his hands into fists and there was the small sound of his knuckles cracking.

Tokoyami: 'You dared to address her by her first name?! And you had the nerve to call her by such a pet name as "your love song"?!!'

Dark Shadow: 'That's it! Let me take this guy! Fumikage, let me out NOW!!'

Tokoyami: "You and this Amari girl must be very happy together. How long have you two been together?"

Hiroto: "Well we're coming up on almost two full years. And lemme tell you, they've been the greatest two years of my life."

Dark Shadow: 'Alright that does it! Let me take control here Fumikage!'

Tokoyami: 'Enough Dark Shadow.'

Dark Shadow: 'You can't actually be calm about this, and you're not! I can feel how angry you're getting!'

Tokoyami: 'Of course I'm not alright about this, I can see right through his act and his lies. But we can't cause a scene or cause trouble for Amari. As soon as we're done we're getting her out of here before he notices her.'

Hiroto: "Oh but what about your girl?"

Tokoyami: "Huh? My girl?"

Hiroto: "Yeah, the chick who didn't get back to ya on how she feels about you. What's her name?"

Tokoyami: ... "Momo Yaoyorozu."

Hiroto: "Okay so tell me about this Yaoyorozu girl. What'd you like about her?"

"Here are your drinks."

N: The barista left the drinks on the counter and Hiroto noticed the vanilla bean caramel frappe.

Hiroto: "You here with someone? That girl maybe?"

Tokoyami: ... "I'm here with a friend. I should get going."

Hiroto: "Whoa, whoa, whoa. Hold on, what's the rush." He said grabbing Tokoyami's shoulder. "We just met and all, it'd be nice if we could talk a little more."

Tokoyami: "Apologies, but I really have to go. Excuse me."

N: With that Tokoyami walked off but when he got to the table Aika was already gone. He looked at all the other tables but couldn't find her. Then asked one of the waitresses if they'd seen her. One of them said that Aika had asked if she could go on stage next. He looked over his shoulder and saw her standing by the steps of the stage.

Dark Shadow: 'That creep is gonna see her! We have to stop her!'

N: Tokoyami walked faster through the people and between the tables. He called for her as loud but as discreetly as he could.