63

Evelyn

It has been more than twenty-four hours since I last saw Harry and it was slowly driving me insane.

Not knowing where he was, how he was, or if he even was alive, is killing me. I know Howard found him somehow, wherever he is, Harry is not being well treated. Vincent has a role to play in all this as well as he was the one to fool Harry into believing they had found clues about Howard. 

Maybe they have him in one of the multiple places where Vincent tortures people. But which one? Vincent wouldn't be stupid enough to bring him to the same place he took me all those months ago, and even if he did I don't remember a single thing from that night. He drugged me inside a car by my doorstep and when I woke up I was already tied up in a warehouse.

Why would they hurt Harry?

Harry was so profitable to Vincent, what would he earn if he hurt him?

From what I could gather from Howard's plan, his intention was to kill us all. That's what his main goal was when he came here last night, he came to kill. I could still feel the cold metal gun against my stomach if I closed my eyes. The loud gunshot noise was still echoing through my ears, and my heart hasn't calmed down over the long hours that passed since last night.

I don't know where I got the courage to hit Howard in the head with a glass jar, it could have gone terribly wrong. All I could think at that moment was keep Collin and Claire safe, it was my main priority.

Surprisingly, Claire was calmer than me, but that might be due to the medication she is taking. We keep getting in contact with the police as we urge them to find Harry, but they say they can't do anything yet. Harry hasn't been missing for more than forty-two hours, only then they can start looking for him.

What are we supposed to do in the meantime? Sit here and wait as they probably torture him?

We don't have a car which makes things much more complicated, besides we couldn't do much throughout the night and the day as we helped the police search for Howard. 

How he managed to escape the building when the police were already here is a mystery, but it shouldn't surprise me. Howard is capable of so much, he won't stop until he gets what he wants.

I don't think he would be stupid enough to come back here, so I don't know how we are supposed to find him. Wherever he is, Harry is with him, which means we need to find Howard if we ever want to find him.

"You need to eat." Claire places her hand over my shoulder as she shows me a plate of the shepherd's pie I made yesterday. I don't remember eating anything more since I had dinner last night, as the last twenty-four hours seem like a blur in my head.

I need to find Harry.

"I'm not hungry." I sigh.

The police just left a few minutes ago saying that they would contact us if they found something but I doubt they will find Howard or any trace that leads us to him.

 Over the last hours, a professional came here to change our door lock just in case Howard is stupid enough to come here again. He had to take Harry's keys away from him, that's how he managed to barge in through the front door.

"I know, but you need to eat." Claire insists giving me the place to my hand so I am forced to take it. "Eat a little at least." Last night experience was traumatic to tall of us, but I still couldn't pass the thought of the gun next to my body, or how Howard intended to kill me when he shot the gun.