It seemed like she was connected to everyone, everything. Yet, his father was the one he worried about.

"You know, Harry wasn't exaggerating when he tried to tell you about his family-" Wren began, but her hands went up in the air defensively when I glared at her.

My facial features relaxed, though, throwing another look in the direction he had disappeared through before sighing.

"Maybe he wasn't."

✧·゚: *✧·゚:*✧

I couldn't stop thinking about Draco's exit. Trying to assure myself it was only because he had finished eating early, or his Inquisitorial Squad patrol started soon. The latter was true, it was, though I doubt that's why he left.

He was too startled, too much in a hurry, for that to be the case.

I sighed, walking along the corridors until I had reached the bare stretch of wall, where I waited for the doors to the room of requirements to show up.

During Christmas, Harry asked if I was still on board with it; joked he would have to obliviate me if I wasn't. At least I hoped he was joking.

I didn't see a reason why I wouldn't still want to be part of it. Though, I made him pinky promise not to doubt my loyalty again. And he did without another word about Slytherin, or Draco, or Merlin knows what else he could've come up with.

"Make it a powerful memory. The happiest you can remember," Harry began, walking around the room as he explained how the Patronus charm worked. "Allow it to fill you up!"

I listened to his words but had no clue where to even begin. I'm sure I had many happy memories; From the ones I made at Durmstrang, to the ones I made here at Hogwarts. But a memory happy enough to form a full-body Patronus?

I knew I was overthinking. So, I tried to quiet my mind, closed my eyes and held my wand up, deciding I would just go with what first came to mind.

"Expecto Patronum!" I heard myself say, as soon as the memory began flooding my mind.

A loud sigh left both of our lips simultaneously, and we chuckled. Before I could protest, my brother had me wrapped inside his arms, his warm breath tickling my ear. I immediately relaxed, squeezing his torso as tight as I could. Nothing in the world felt as good as this.

I opened my eyes, not expecting to be face-to-face with the full-bodied Patronus of a deer. In awe, I watched it hop off into the air, circling me twice before beginning to dissolve in the most beautiful way.

"That was beautiful, Y/n." Luna appeared next to me, sighing softly at the image before my Patronus had completely disappeared.

I smiled, agreeing with a nod. It was.

Obviously, I always knew how happy I was to be reunited with my brother, but it was only now that I realised how happy he actually made me.

He was the only family I had left.

I watched him with a smile as he walked through the room, amazed by how good everyone was doing. Then, my face fell. And so did his.

I turned around slowly as I noticed the pounding against the wall; the whole room turning quiet with it.

Everyone walked towards the centre of the room, wanting to have a look at what was happening. We watched as the mirrors fell off the walls, nobody saying a word.

"I'll make short work of this." As soon as I recognised her voice, my heart began beating so loud I could hear it clearly, my breaths becoming irregular as I remembered the way she punished me just for speaking up in class.

I didn't want to know what this would get me. Not just conspiring against her by joining the DA, but actually spying on her own little club, and messing it up with Draco.

Oh, Merlin, please don't let Draco be there.

The whole wall exploded with a loud noise, clouding our vision and having me snap out of my thoughts.

When the dust settled, we were staring right at Crabbe, Goyle, Pansy, another boy, and Umbridge. A sigh of relief escaping my lips when I didn't see Draco.

But, of course he would be there. Walking into my field of vision, dragging Cho Chang by her uniform.

His eyes scanned the room, not surprised by the sight until his eyes landed on me.

He furrowed his brows, his breathing heavier as he looked at me with absolutely nothing in his eyes. He just stared, his grey eyes piercing into my own.

I couldn't stand it, my gaze lowering towards the floor in shame.

Fuck, I really should've told him.

Why was I more concerned about the consequences with him than what Umbridge was going to do to me?

A/N: Y'all should be happy to hear that the next few chapters are going to be a lot longer because the stuff happening in it is more mandatory to the story than rlly revolving around Draco and y/n and I didn't wanna drag it out. so, long chapters yay ?? lol

Also, year 5 is coming to an end! Only a few chapters left !! (I'm scared, year 6 Draco is gonna be so hard to portray lol definitely expect mood swings at its finest)