➵ | forty, the new professor

— thana had spend her summer at the weasleys, who took great care of her. after everything that had happened it didn't come as a surprise that she had a nightmare almost every night. she'd wake up, eyes wide open and sometimes she'd even scream. fred usually woke up too and just held her until she felt better but if it was too bad mrs weasley would make her a cup of tea.

of course she still wrote to draco and theodore but they never wrote back so eventually she just stopped. but aside from the nightmares and ignoring friends she was happier than ever. but she knew it wouldn't last. spending the summer with her boyfriend and his family, who all became close friends of hers, seemed to make up for all the summers at the dursleys.

•••

thana ran down the stairs, her dark brown hair had grown even longer and her brown eyes were shining. "hey mrs weasley is there something i can do? fred and george won't stop practicing their spells on me so i thought maybe i could help you or-" she stopped talking once she saw him, the smile on her face growing even bigger. "harry!" she ran up to him and wrapped her arms around him. "thana dear the meeting is still going on but you and harry can go upstairs, straight upstairs. first foor on the left." the two looked at each other and nodded before racing upstairs. "you look better, happier thana. thats good." thana smiled at his niceness and looked at him, "you uhm are you okay?" harry chuckled, "just some problems in the muggle world."

both of them ignored kreacher and opened the door. thana smiled when hermione jumped in harry's arms and the brunette let herself fall down on one of the beds. "we've heard them talking about the dementor attack." this made thana jump up, "dementor? oh my god harry are you okay?" the potter boy looked at her and laughed, "what did you guys do to her? she's so nice now." harry ruffled thana's hair and hermione shrugged, "guess some time away from malfoy was all she needed."

malfoy. after this summer she felt the need to call him that, malfoy. thana had wrote him multiple letters but he never replied. she didn't even notice she had zoned out until ron tapped her shoulder, "you alright?" the brunette cleared her throat and smiled, "couldn't be better. so harry. you can't really be expelled right? you're dumbledores favourite!" they all chuckled softly and harry decided to change the subject. while ron and hermione explained the order of the phoenix thana just smiled and nodded. "why would he want to keep me in the dark?" harry asked and they could see the hurt in his eyes. "if it helps they didn't tell me anything either. probably for different reasons but still." she shrugged. she didn't lie, they tried not to tell her too many things about the order and their meetings since her secret about being voldemorts daughter wasn't secret anymore. she had told fred in the first week of summer and his reaction was all she could wish for. he held her close and told her how she was his thana and that he knew that if she could change her parents she would. after that it was easier to tell the others, who reacted just as nice as fred.

"after all i'm the one who saw voldemort return, im the one who fought him, im the one who saw cedric diggory get killed." thana let out a shaky breath. his name was still painful. luckily for her fred and george popped up just in time. she smiled at fred and listened to what they said to harry. "thought we heard your dulcet tones." "dont bottle it up though mate, let it out." "anyway if you're all done shouting," "do you wanna hear something a little more interesting?" thana sighed, she already knew what was coming but for once she wasn't worried. if she tried something like this at the malfoy manor she would probably die. but here the worst thing that could happen if they got caught would be that molly didn't give them dessert.

as they were listening to the conversation that was going on downstairs fred gently grabbed thana's arm and led her away from the others. "how are you feeling? i thought harry being here and him mentioning cedric could be a little overwhelming so i just wanted to check on you to make sure you're okay." thana smiled at him and stood on her toes. the flashbacks of that day wouldn't stop playing in her head but once she hugged fred they went away. she felt okay again. "i'm okay. thank you for caring fred, it means a lot." fred smiled and kissed her forehead, "come lets go back to the others."