➵ | thirty - didyouputyournameinthegobletoffiyah

"COME ON CEDRIC! PUT IT IN!"

trevor, hailey, thana and some of cedric's other friends said, pushing the hufflepuff boy towards the burning goblet of fire. cedirc threw his name in, earning an enormous amount of cheers from everyone in the great hall. however, cedric wasn't the only one who wanted to get a spot in the triwizards tournament. the weasley twins had brought an aging potion and after discussing their chances of succes with hermione the two red-haired boys ran inside of the circle, getting cheered on as they threw their names in. the cheers turned into laughs when the two got thrown out, suddenly looking at least 70 years old as they started fighting. thana had enough of all this drama and walked back to some other slytherins. she sat down besides draco, the others seemed to be busy discussing how they would enter the tournament once they were old enough. the room went silent when krum walked in to dramatically throw his name in.

not even a day later all the students, of all three schools, were seated in the great hall. thana was sitting next to cedric, reassuring him he would be chosen and that he would totally win this until draco, who seemed to have formed a friendship with the well-known krum, came to tell her they wanted her to sit with them. so the brown-haired girl followed her friend and sat down besides blaise, resting her head on his shoulder. thana put one knee over another and accidentally kicked krum while doing so, earning an angry look from his entire school. blaise pulled her a little closer, being his protective self. the couple didn't notice that it wasn't blaise who scared them away, it was draco who sent them his usual glare, telling them to leave thana alone.

"the durmstrang champion is, viktor krum!"

"the champion for beauxbatons is fleur delacour!"

"the hogwarts champion, cedric diggory!"

everyone cheered the three champions on and thana quickly ran over to cedric to give him  hug, "you got this ced, i know you do." she kissed him on his cheek, leaving the now blushing boy.

dumbledore didn't even get to finish his inspirational speech, the goblet started rumbling and a piece of paper flew up in the air. "the potter twins."dumbledore read out loud. he flipped it over, reading the back but not out loud. "thana and harry." he said, louder and clearer, anger building up as he repeated their names again.

thana didn't know what happened. she hadn't put her name in, her name wasn't even potter anymore. she didn't feel anything special, no excitement, no fear, nothing. she felt numb. just as numb as she had felt when killing that spider. the same feelings she had every time her father controlled her. it wasn't her who stood up, it wasn't her proud smile, it wasn't her who followed the other champions without any hesitation. it was her who immediately fell into cedric's arms. it was her who cried and cried until the adults came in.

she heard some screams, maxime was telling the others she was protesting and dumbledore came at harry. "didyouputyournameinthegobletoffire?!" "no sir" "did you ask-" thana had enough of it, she hadn't spoken to the potter boy in a while and was pretty sure him and his innocent friends hated her after the spider incident. "he didn't do it! and neither did i! something else happened and instead of blaming him you, as head of the school, should find out what it is." maxime shook her head and ran towards the girl, who was still in cedrics arms. "but of course they are lying!" moody, who hated the girl with every cell in his body agreed with her, "but of course they are! the goblet of fire is an exceptionally powerful magical object. only an exceptionally powerful confundus charm could have hoodwinked it. magic way beyond the talents of two fourth years." now it was igors turn to meddle into the discussion, "you seem to have given this a fair bit of thought, mad-eye." moody didn't seem to be impressed, "it was once my job to think as dark wizards do, karkaroff. perhaps you remember."

thana had made her way over to the adults, getting the attention. she instantly regretted speaking up when her eyes met with igors. something about the way they shined at the sight of hers made her think he knew. "leave this to you barty." the man sighed, "the rules are absolute. the goblet of fire constitutes a binding magical contract. they have no choice. they are, as of tonight, triwizard champions."

-

"a triwizard champion?" blaise asked, his eyes filled with at least five different emotions. "yeah it's uh, i don't know either okay!" she sighed and sat down on the couch. "first you just kill a spider, use an unforgivable curse and then wow look! your name comes out of the goblet of fire and now you're participating in a deadly tournament!" blaise yelled, "why didn't you tell me?" all the anger he seemed to have before was now gone. the boy sat down besides his girlfriend. "you could've told me." he sighed. thana was about to say something when draco stormed in. "merlin, i need to talk to you." the girl had decided that merlin would be her new last name. it sounded powerful and it was related to her mother. she nodded and stood up, leaving the shocked blaise on the couch as she followed draco. they left the common room and immediately hugged once the door had closed. "are you okay?" draco asked, showing his sensitive side.

"i'm fine. it's just, i didn't do it, i really didn't. but i also didn't kill that spider. it wasn't me." she sobbed into his robe, "i think my father can control me. and i don't think it's a coincidence i'm in the competition." draco pulled away, gently putting a strand of hair behind her ear. "it's going to be okay. just act normal, finish the tasks. don't outshine the others but don't play weak. i'll ask my father what he knows about krum and karkaroff, you should also try and talk to yours."

AUTHORSNOTE

lol this sucks asf but i'll rewrite this entire book once i've finished it. school has started blah blah so i need to write a lot whenever i can so i have some extra chapters to upload but i just can't?? idk i'll try lol anyways prepare for rita to be a noisy bitch and ruin some relationships asfff