➵ | sixteen, the chamber

CHAPTER SIXTEEN.

the chamber.

THE DAY THAT harry fought voldemort again, was a strange day. not just because of the fight, just in general. thana, who hadn't heard the voice in a while, woke up from that voice.

come.

the strange thing was that it wasn't her own voice, but a male one. she ignored the voice during breakfast, she ignored the voice while playing quidditch with trevor, hailey, elizabeth and cedric, she ignored the voice during lunch, she ignored the voice while she sat next to either blaise, draco or theo in class, she ignored the voice during her discussion with lockhart and she ignored the voice during dinner.

"you're quiet," blaise said, nudging thana's shoulder, who was just staring at her food. "yeah, not so hungry. see you later." she said.

come. you won't be alone.

she felt sick, that stupid voice had been there all day, but not like it normally was. today it didn't tell her to be mean, or worse. it just told her to come. she felt the little amount of food she had eaten that day come back up and rushed to the bathroom. "harry?" she asked her brother, who was talking to moaning myrtle. "everything okay?" he asked his sister, who just shook her head.

"this is it, this is it ron, the entrance to the chamber of secrets!" harry said, walking to the sink myrtle had pointed to. thana, who was done puking watched harry as he opened the chamber. "excellent harry, good work! i'll just be, uh, there's no need for me to stay!" he said, trying to run away. "oh yes there is, you first." after some comments from lockhart he got pushed in and harry and ron followed him. "do you need me or can i leave-"

"you're a slytherin, we kinda need you." thana sighed and followed them through the underground chambers. after a while, lockhart had somehow managed to grab ron's wand and tried to obliviate them, but since ron's wand was still broken he ended up obliviated. suddenly a loud rambling sounded and ron and lockhart were on one side of the wall of rocks and harry and thana on the other side. "you wait here and try and shift some of these rocks so we can get back through. we'll go and find ginny!"

thana, completely clueless listened to harry as he explained everything. the diary, how that was probably 'that bloody malfoy family's' fault, that lockhart was a liar and that whatever was in there had ginny.

they found ginny quickly, almost too quickly. as the twins were both shaking ginny to wake up, a voice sounded from behind them. but not just a voice, the voice.

"she' won't wake."

"tom! tom riddle, what do you mean 'she won't wake,' she's not," he swallowed but before he could continue tom riddle started talking. "she's still alive, but only just." harry looked up from the red-haired girl. "are you a ghost?" he asked. thana found herself being ignored again, which was odd, every time she was in danger, the thing that was dangerous seemed to ignore her.

she was zoned out, thinking about how this was possible, was she invisible to dangerous people? no, because last year voldemort had greeted her. the words, "voldemort is my past, present and future." she looked up from the ground amd saw 'i am lord voldemort' written in the air. "you are voldemort? last year he was, uh, well he was uglier!" thana said, frowning. "thana," was all he said, just like the year before that, he started speaking parseltongue and the basilisk appeard. "harry!" thana screamed, getting his attention and throwing her wand at him.

suddenly, tom decided it was time to stop ignoring the girl, grabbing her at her throath. he pushed her against the wall and she could barely breath. "very nice of you to help your harry, but in times like this you can't trust anyone." his voice sounded harsh and she was confused by his unclear advise, if that was what you could call it. she coughed, "thanks, i'll keep it in mind." she did keep it in mind, that's why she raised her legs, kicking tom in places no one wants to be kicked. she pushed him away and ran towards ginny.

then, everything became black, the last thing she remembered were two eyes, staring at her from the reflection of the water on the floor.

she woke up in the hospital wing and saw hermione. she stood up and hugged the girl, telling her what happened. "let's just go and find the others." she nodded and they linked their arms together, walking to the great hall. "hermione! thana!" harry hugged them both and gave thana her wand back. she smiled and awkwardly waved at ron, who still had his doubts about her. he sighed and waved back.

she looked over at the slytherin table and her eyes met draco's. he stood up and walked, almost ran, over to her, followed by blaise and theo. "missed me?" she chuckled softly. draco just shook his head, maybe in disbelief or maybe in disappointment, and wrapped his arms around the girl. blaise and theo did the same and soon trevor and hailey came to hug her too, followed by cedric and elizabeth. "i've only been away for like a day." thana laughed. "you could've died!" draco said, dramatically swinging his arms around. thana chuckled and swung her arm around the blonde boys shoulder.