Big man in big bear what will he do

Start from the beginning

"W-would you- haha- like t-the pretzel for gods?"

Techno and Philza both widened their eyes. Philza spoke first.

"It's called what?"
"Oh! You're not from 'round here at all. Haha, i-it is actually called that. On the menu. Pretzel for Gods. Cause no one can ever finish it."

Now Techno spoke up, "Is that a challenge?"
She gave a chuckle with her response.
"Not only is it a challenge, you get a free desert if two or less people can finish it."
"Challenge accepted."

——————

Techno was beginning to regret his readiness to agree to a challenge. His over competitive ass had landed him and Phil in the worst stomachache of all time. A two foot pretzel cake was much more than expected, and they still had a quarter left.

The waitress, Ashley, had said they had gotten farther than most. Not good enough to Techno or Philza. Better than most did not mean challenge defeated. Even though Techno had initiated this feat, Phil also had a competitive side that was showing through.

"I don't want anymore."
"It's become our duty."
"... well it will, technically, become that."
"No- Techno I thought you were an adult?"
"A common mistake, really. Despite my age, I'm far from the adulting world attributed to me."

They laughed and looked reproachfully at the remaining cake. It must be done.

——————

It wasn't quick, and at the end the taste no longer mattered, but they completed the challenge.

"Oh my god, you guys actually did it." Ashely had an air of disbelief and stood gaping at the two men in front of her.

"I'll write your names on the board as the only people to complete the challenge, ok? And you can choose any dessert."

Phil smiled a victorious smile and looked to Techno.

"We did it mate. We gave ourselves diabetes. Are you proud? I am."
"I've never been more proud in my life."

Ashley came back over with a pen and paper.
"What are your guys' names?"
"I'm Phil and he's... Techno?"
"Yeah. Technoblade. But if we're going with that then he's Philza."

Ashely looked confused and glanced between them. Then a look of excitement and recognition washes confusion away.

"OH. MY. GOD. No way! I thought you looked and sounded familiar but I didn't put it together! My brother watches y'all all the time!"

The two celebrities shared a small laugh.

"Does that mean you don't?" Techno's voiced dripped sarcasm and mock sadness.

"Oh no! No I do, but he's definitely a bigger fan."
"Well I always love meeting fans."

Philza stuck out his hand. Ashely shook it with more enthusiasm than anyone should have so near to midnight.

Techno also offered a hesitant hand, almost as if he wasn't sure that was what he should be doing. Like, yeah Phil shook her hand, but was that what you do when meeting fans? Would she even want to shake his hand? Did she like both creators or just Philza?

Techno's thoughts were cut off by her shaking his hand just as vigorously. His entire inner monologue had been just a few seconds.

They got their earned free dessert and said goodbye. It was much colder out and there were almost no other people walking down the street. The lights kept their return illuminated, though, and they got back to the hotel relatively quickly.

Now that both were actually tired, sleep was sounding like a great idea. There were only two beds, and both were occupied. With the only other option being the floor, the two tired men simply gave no shits and claimed any empty space on the beds that they could.

——————

Techno woke up a few hours later. Typical. Who sleeps the entire night anyways?

He sighed and tried to pretend he hadn't woken up. If I lie to myself, maybe I'll believe it.

He didn't believe it.

He opened tired eyes and looked over at Tommy, who was half off the bed. How can he sleep with his arm and leg just dangling? Had he no fear of the demons under the bed?

Techno attempted fooling himself into sleeping again before he heard a small whimper. Like a very quiet, whispered scream.

Wtf?

His eyes shot back open and he looked back at Tommy. The child's face was contorted to one of fear and severe distress. He seemed to be hyperventilating in his sleep.

Oh. A nightmare.

Techno didn't often get those and didn't really know how to help, but he tried anyways. He reached over and shook Tommy as he sat up.

"Tommy? Tommy wake up." He spoke low so the others wouldn't also wake up. Tommy's eyes fluttered open and tears started streaming. He quickly looked around and shot up, nearly bringing the other half of him off the bed.

His eyes settled on Techno and his fearful expression changed to one of embarrassment. Like a deer caught in headlights while cosplaying Rudolf.

He stammered unintelligible words and quickly wiped his eyes. Techno put a hand on his shoulder.

"Tommy, it's ok. What happened?"
"Uh uh, n-nothing big man, nothing. Just a, just a bad dream."

Tommy's voice was shaky and he was very clearly not ok, but Techno didn't push. He just pulled Tommy into a side hug. Tommy turned into the hug and seemed to cling like he was afraid Techno would leave.

"Hey Tommy? I'm right here, ok? I'm not going anywhere."
"Thanks."

Tommy moved away and back under the covers of the bed. He was still very tired. He felt Techno also lay back down and shut his eyes.

Eyes still closed, he whispered to Techno.

"Thanks for everything."
"No problem man."

——————
This is part 1, part 2 later today I just can't write angst real well rn

Out of curiosity, where y'all reading from? I'm in Southern California

I honestly love y'all so much you're vv nice and valued.