Chapter 2

Mew struggled to keep his mind straight, "You should stop saying that. It's something we can't avoid now. Something we have to embrace." He enlightened.

"Why do we have to embrace it?" Xu asked with a disgusted face.

"It's people we are talking about!" Mew argued his temper rising.

"It's a bad habit." Rem lazily chirped in.

"I don't think they see it that way." Mew countered with eyes now red.

"Whatever it is, it is wrong." Day firmly stated.

"It's been 10 years guys." Mew could feel his patience running thin.

"Are you justifying a crime because it was a long time ago?" Per asked an eyebrow raised.

"It is not a crime!!" Mew blew off, sitting at the edge of the seat. How Dare you, were the words sitting on the tip of his tongue. He felt his nails digging in his palm. He shook his head to clear his blurry vision.

Day's forehead scrunched taken aback by Mew's reaction. "What are you talking about?Don't tell me..."

Mew snapped out of it and looked around. Everyone looked relaxed. He suddenly started thinking, Was he being too serious? Was he taking things far? He coughed and sat back on the couch relaxing his muscles and letting go, taking deep breaths. He cleared his throat and said,

"No it's not like that. I just wish that we could stop judging people's lives and choices and start living our lives and minding our business."

Xu was flabbergasted to say the least, "After everything we've done for you is that all you have to say?" He asked staring intently at Mew.

Mew was trying to keep his mind together, "Guys," he started but Rem interrupted him,

"We were expelled Mew. When you left voluntarily we were expelled from school. For some reason that queer defended you whilst prosecuting our names and everyone here lost something precious from that incident.

"Not as precious as something I lost." Mew said getting up and leaving. "I'll see you guys around, I have something important to attend to."

Everyone on the table were surprised by Mew's exiting. All this while, Lin looked guiltily and regretted why he started this topic. He pondered on what to do. Either to follow him or stay with the rest. He weighed his options well and chose the former.

"He's always running away." Xu commented.

"You're right. He still hasn't changed." Per supported.

"So much for protecting him against the infected gay boy." Rem said watching Lin slowly taking his things to leave.

"I think he liked him too by his reaction." Day concluded after analyzing Mew's reaction.

Xu turned his head quickly shocked by Day's conclusion, "then I would've beaten both of them to a pulp."

Lin heard all the comments as he slowly walked away after Mew.

"Hey hey, wait." He managed to get to Mew before he could leave.

Mew stopped begrudgingly and turned to face Lin. He couldn't hide his displeasure, "Why, you want to tell me that gays are going to burn in hell like you did years ago?"

"Why would you burn in hell?" Lin asked a tricky question.

"Why would I burn in hell?" Mew was not tricked.

"Right. You'll not burn in hell because you're not gay right?" Lin confirmed.

"Yes. If you're done confirming my sexuality can I go now?" Mew wanted out of this building.

"I'm not too hung up on that." Lin dismissed, "the rest are kinda obsessed with it." In order to solidify his case Lin confessed, "I have a boyfriend now." Mew almost broke his neck when he looked at Lin.

"Not that boyfriend, I mean a boy space friend who is Gay so I've really changed my thinking and view of them."

"Good for you. I'll go now." Mew turned to go.

"We can hangout sometime with him without the rest just us three. He would love to hear you defend his existence like you were doing a while ago."

"I don't know. Rain check?" Mew was not enticed by the offer.

"Sure. Let me know whenever. It was nice seeing you Mew."

"Can't say the same about you" He whispered under his breath as he left the bar.

Lin grabbed his hair and turned around frustrated. However his eyes saw a black shoe sticking out from a corner and he looked up until he was face to face with a not so pleased  Rem. He stepped back surprised and behind Rem, Per came out and on his heels, Day. Thank goodness Xu did not hear. "What's happening?" He came with a receipt and Lin realized he had been making payment whilst the other were eavesdropping on his conversation with Mew.

However, it was only matter of time before he could know. "You won't believe what we just witnessed." Rem said amused.

Lin's phone went off and it was just in time. He was saved by the bell.

"Yes," he went quiet as he listened to the caller. "Ok.  I'm on my way. I'll be there in ten minutes hang tight."

He looked at the group and briskly walked away as if he had an emergency. His heart about to explode with nervousness. These people were extreme cases of homophobia and he understood the length they could go if he stayed there a minute longer. Friendship didn't matter with them. There was no loyalty when it came to homosexuality and he knew it so well because he used to be their friends.