Getting Ready

When I got back to LA, the first thing I did was get into a cab and start changing in the back.

“You don’t mind, do you? I’ve got a really special date tonight. I’ll pay you extra.” I asked as I slipped off my shirt and pulled out a crisp black button up.

“No, sir. I don’t mind.”

“Thank you.” I said gratefully. I grabbed my phone and called Dante.

“Hello,” He drawled. I could hear Picture Me Broken’s old EP, Mannequins, playing in the background.

“Hey, Dante.”

“Oh, hi, Andy! What’s up?”

“Is Rain around?”

“Uh, no, not yet. She took Jeph with her to the mall…” He trailed off for a moment. “Yeah, to the mall to get some new clothes and stuff, or something. She should be back at about 7:25. She said she and Jeph were gonna stop off at Jinxx and Sammi’s for a little bit. I think so she can get ready for your date.”

“Do you care if I finish getting ready there?”

“Not a problem. Just come in when you get here, the door’s unlocked.”

“Thank you, so, so much.”

“No worries, Andy. Just don’t fuck this up.”

“I promise, I won’t.”

Nearly a minute later, I was struggling to get out of the cab while grabbing my bag and trying to shove my shirt into the bag.

“Thank you,” I told the man as I paid him.

“Not a problem.” He smiled at me. “Good luck on your date, sir.”

I smiled back and then made my way up to the house, tugging on my many belts.

By the time I’d reached the door, I only had a couple more belts to take off.

The door swung open just as I reached it. Dante was standing there, looking amused and happy.

“Good to see you, Andy. Now, get the fuck in here before the neighbors start asking questions or calling the cops.”

“Shut up, Dante. It’s LA, nobody cares if I undress in someone’s front yard. They’ve probably seen weirder shit.” But I obeyed him and went inside the house. He pushed me towards the closest bathroom where I stripped off the rest of my belts and my slightly dirty jeans. I’d showered earlier today, but these were the only jeans I had that were even semi clean besides the ones I was going to wear tonight.

I smoothed down my Joker boxers and pulled out a nice pair of black skinny jeans. The best pair I owned. From there, I brushed my hair and put on some eyeliner.

As I finished putting my stuff in my bag, Dante pushed into the bathroom.

“Hey, dude, you can leave your stuff in the basement, just go through the basement door and around front after you hear Rain come in. They’re going to be here in about two minutes.”

“Okay. Thanks, Dante.”

“No problem, now GO.”

I ran down the steps into the basement and dropped my bag behind the couch.

“Dante, we’re home!” I heard Rain say.

I quietly snuck out the basement door, and then my phone vibrated. Quickly, I grabbed it and pressed the enter button. On my screen appeared Jinxx, Jake, Ashley, Sammi, CC, Ella, and Lauren.

“Um…hi?” I said, confused. “I can’t talk right now…I can’t be late for my date with Rain.”

I watched them all smile at me.

“You’re a lucky guy, Andy, don’t take it for granted.” Sammi told me.

“She’s right, you know. You’re extremely lucky to have Rain.” Ella nodded.

“We’re just videoing to tell you good luck and that we love you.” Lauren smiled softly and linked fingers with CC.

“Yeah man, don’t fuck this up. I’ll have to kill you if you do. But yes, we love you.” Ashley grinned.

“Call us later, we’ll be waiting to hear all about it.” Jinxx grinned. Sammi leaned her head on his shoulder.

All of them there, like this…Sammi with her head resting on Jinxx’s shoulder, Ella with her arms wrapped around Jake’s middle, Lauren holding hands with CC, Ash in the middle of everyone…It felt right. I felt happy and warm.

“I love you guys, too. I’ll talk to you later,” I said sincerely, and then hurried to the front door.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The date chapter should be posted sometime this weekend! <3