Back At The Beginning

Rain’s POV

There weren’t words for what I felt.

Andy still loved me…Andy loved our son.

I had to use all of my resolve not to break down when they hugged, but I took a couple of pictures, because who wouldn’t? I would need that to remember one of the best nights of my life, for the rest of my life.

I didn’t want to wake up the next morning.

Things weren’t going to just go back to five years ago; we had a son to think about now. But they would be better than five years ago, because of our son.

Waking up was inevitable though, because Jeph was not in the let-Mommy-sleep-because-she-needs-it mood.

Around nine in the morning, Jeph came running into my room where Andy and I were sleeping and jumped onto the bed with Batman in tow.

“Wake up Mommy! Wake up Daddy!” He was yelling happily.

I heard Andy groan and roll over, letting go of me.

I sat up slowly, blinking the sleep out of my eyes.

“Andy, wake up,” I said, prodding his side.

“Yeah, Daddy, wake up!” Jeph said, jumping onto Andy’s torso and poking him in the cheek.

He slowly opened his eyes and looked up. He looked confused for a second before he smiled, wide and happy, and tackled Jeph onto his back.

“What are you doing up this early?” He grinned, tickling Jepha, who was shrieking and giggling like mad.

“Batman wanted to wake you up early!” He yelled.

I smiled at them, enjoying how easily Jeph let him in as his father.

I hoped it would stay that way.

“What do you say we go get breakfast at IHOP, Jeph? If it’s okay with Mommy?” Andy asked him, and looked at me.

“Oh, can we Mommy? Can we?”

“Are we at a stop?”

“Yeah. Ash sent me a text earlier, wondering where I was and telling me that we’re…”

“That we’re…?” I asked him.

“That we’re at your old town,” I could practically hear the unfinished sentences that he had barely managed to stop from escaping his mouth: Where we first met. Where your old friends and father live.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wooh! Upcoming drama. ;)