DNA

On Monday, we pushed back recording to Tuesday and then after kissing Rain goodbye and giving Jeph a hug, I went down to the hospital, where Juliet would be, accompanied by whoever else she had screwed ten years ago.

Rain would be taking Jepha into the studio with her today, where Death To You would be working with Joel Faviere.

I pulled into the hospital parking with a heavy heart. I couldn’t honestly deny that there was the possibility that the kid could be mine. It was highly doubtful, but there was still that small possibility. I missed Rain and Jepha already, wanting to be back at their place watching movies on the couch with them and laughing at stupid things. I wished that the whole Alyssa thing had never happened.

Before stepping out of the car, I briefly wondered who else would be in there. I knew CC would be, as he had straight up admitted everything he had done with her. Other than him, though, I didn’t know who would be there.

I walked the many flights up to the waiting room, where I checked in with a nurse. Upon entering, I saw a small crowd of guys and I frowned.

Good to know, I thought to myself.

Amongst them, I saw mostly people I knew. I could feel my eyes widen in surprise when I saw Jimmy Strimpel talking to Danny Worsnop.

I walked over to them and when they noticed me, they both looked extremely ashamed.

“Well, I can honestly say I’m not very surprised that Danny would, but Jimmy?” I said.

He looked at the floor. “It was extremely poor judgment. She did the same thing to Danny that she did to me. She offered alcohol and then didn’t stop. I regret it, to be honest. Especially now that…well, you both know. All of these guys do. Dude, there’s fifteen men in here, not including us three or CC.”

I shook my head in pity for the child that was in the middle of this, and for all of the terrified men in the waiting room. Also in disgust because over half of them were my friends and Juliet had the audacity to cheat on me with them.

“Andy, you know how easy it was to get me drunk and ready to go back then…But, dude I have a wife and a daughter now, I don’t need this shit.” Danny said to me.

“Trust me, man. I know. I’ve got Rain back and our son, and this is the last thing we need testing our relationship.” I told him.

Jimmy frowned nervously and then sat down on one side of the waiting room.

CC walked in and came over to where Danny and I were still talking, exchanging photos of our kids and talking about our families.

Fear and nervousness was written all over his face as he greeted us. He wasn’t smiling and his eyes weren’t full of cheer like usual. Just fear. His face was pale and his hands were shaking slightly.

“You think she’s yours?” Danny asked.

“I think it’s possible.” CC said.

Danny nodded. “That’s the worst part. Knowing that it’s possible, but not knowing for sure.”

“Yeah, it is. So all of us…?” He trailed off.

I raised my eyebrow. “Looks that way.”

“I can’t believe this shit. Do you know how stressful this is for Lauren and I?”

“Extremely. Rain thought that I was breaking up with her when I went home yesterday to tell her what was going on.” I agreed.

“Nicole’s freaking the fuck out, and Jessie’s confused why Mommy and Daddy are so upset lately. I mean, Nicole knew about what happened, but that’s a hell of a thing to have to explain to a four year old little girl, you know?”

“Yeah, I know.  Jeph knows that I dated Juliet, and he knows that Alyssa could be his sister, but I don’t know how to assure him that everything’s going to be okay.”

CC wandered off to get some water and Danny went with him.

From what all of us had been told, Juliet was explaining everything to the doctor.

Someone sat next to me and I looked over, expecting Jimmy or CC or Danny.

But it was the reason we were all here, shitting bricks and trying desperately to keep our relationships stable: Alyssa Simms.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I've got pretty much everything up to the very last chapter written. I can update as much as you guys want now, and end it whenever. It gets pretty good, so... ;) Comment if you want another update, and include what you think is going to happen.