Kiss, Kiss

Apparently, Sammi, Brooklyn, and Jinxx had hung up mistletoe at some point because on the way to dinner, someone pushed me and Andy under one of them hanging from the ceiling.

Everybody laughed and surrounded us chanting, "Kiss, kiss, kiss!"

I couldn't help but wonder where Dante was as I blushed and leaned up to kiss Andy, who pulled me closer and deepened it before letting go. The small crowd cheered and laughed and pulled one another around to get to dinner.

I smiled just like everyone else, brushing it off as easily as I could for the time being.

Jeph grinned mischeivously at me and ran into the kitchen to get his favorite spot at the table, dragging me behind him and pushing me into the seat between Andy and Dante. Brooklyn was next to Dante, Jimmy was next to Brooklyn, Shaun was next to Jimmy, Austin was next to Shaun, Gerard was next to Austin, with his and Frank's son on his lap, Frank was next to Gerard, Ray was next to Frank, Christa was next to Ray, Mikey was next to Christa, Alicia was next to Mikey, Zak was next to Alicia, Matt Good was next to Zak, Matt Starr was next to Matt Good, Damon Starr was next to his brother, Rose was next to Damon, Jinxx was next to Rose, Alice, Jinxx and Sammi's daughter, was next to Jinxx, Sammi was next to Alice, Ashley was next to Sammi, CC was next to Ashley, CC's girlfriend was next to him, Jake was next to CC's girlfriend, Ella was next to Jake, Raven was next to Ella, Asher was next to Raven, and so on.

Band and work talk started, like, "How is Kit Fysto's new EP coming along?", "The new Black Veil Brides record is doing really well, right now!", "DTY's new album is still a work in progress, but we're hoping to have it done soon.", "I just got a new role in a movie with Adam Lambert!" (this inevitably led to Asher saying, "I'm so proud of him, but I mean, really? Adam Lambert? I love the man, seriously, had the biggest crush on him for a while, but he's single! What if he wants my Raven?" with a half proud, half concerned tone.), etc.

I pushed my seat back and cleared my throat. "Come on, guys! You know the rule! No work talk here. This is a family event, let's try to keep it nice?"

There was a murmer of assent, and I sat back down, smiling at them and shaking my head.

"Let's eat!" Ashley yelled after a minute of everybody talking again.

Jeph hummed quietly for a moment, grinning and glancing at Mikey occasionally, while I stood and fixed up a plate for him, and one for myself.

Mikey stood up to get something from the area where Jeph, Andy, Dante, and I were sitting. He reached over Jeph's head, paused for a moment, and then looked at him.

"Jeph, are you humming Fall Out Boy?" He asked after a small staring contest between the two.

Jeph opened his mouth and, "She says she's no good with words, but I'm worse. Barely stuttered out a joke of a romantic stuck to my tongue and weighed down with words too overdramatic: Tonight it's 'it cant get much worse' Vs. 'no one should ever feel like..'" fell out of it in Jeph's best voice.

"I'm two quarters and a heart down and I don't want to forget how your voice sounds. These words are all I have so I write theml; I need them just to get by," They sang together. Mikey and Jeph were both grinning (as much as Mikeyway ever grins, anyway.) and I could hear Gerard say, "You would recognize a Fall Out Boy song, Mikey!"

Jeph squirmed out of his seat and grabbed Mikey's hand, dragging him a few feet away from the table, dancing and singing, "Dance, dance.We're falling apart to half time. Dance, dance. And these are the lives you love to lead. Dance, this is the way they'd love, if they knew how misery loved me." Mikey pointed at Jeph and Jeph took over at, "You always fold just before you're found out. Drink up, it's last call; last resort. But only the first mistake and I..."

"I'm two quarters and a heart down, and I don't want to forget how your voice sounds. These words are all I have so I write them; I need them just to get by."

Everybody filled up their plates and watched Jeph and Mikey sing and dance.

Andy looked at me as I sat back down after putting Jeph's plate at his seat.

I took a bite of the turkey and watched Jeph and Mikey for a second before seeing that Andy was staring at me.

"Yes, Andy?" I asked.

"Fall Out Boy?" He asked, one eyebrow arched.

"Totally. They're one of his favorites," I smirked.

He stared for a second.

"Oh, don't blame me! I mean, I love Fall Out Boy, but this is Raven's doing!" I stated.

Raven smirked at Andy from across the table.

"You just encouraged it."

"Oh, definitely. Fall Out Boy for the win." I agreed.

Andy shook his head and smiled. When Jeph and Mikey returned to the table, Mikey was telling him about the 2005 Vans Warped Tour, where My Chem met FOB.

Jeph looked absolutely fascinated.

"You know, I think I still have Pete's number-"

Gerard snorted into his turkey. "Still have? You never got rid of it. I know for a fact that he's on speed dial."

Mikey shot a glare in his brother's direction. "-If you want to meet him, I could probably see if he's got some free time."

"You could?" Jeph looked up at him hopefully.

"I could. I can text him after dinner." Mikey nodded.

"Oh, please, Uncle Mikey! He's one of my favorite bassists!" Jeph paused and thought over his words for a moment. "Behind you and Uncle Ashley."

The corner of Mikey's mouth turned up in a smirk. "Okay, I'll text him. But let's eat dinner first."

As Mikey walked past Gerard, he hit the back of his head and muttered, "Fuck you."

Gerard just rubbed the back of his head and grinned.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ah, the joys of Christmas. I suppose since they're all so musical, Christmas has to have some good tunes and activities swingin' somewhere. And I mean, really. Fall Out Boy. C'mon, Andy, don't resist them. It's impossible.