seven

##~*

y/n gave sunghoon space and time. but he just happened to come across her mind every single day.

it's been about a week, y/n hasn't tried to contact or talk to sunghoon, trying to be "respectful."

ding!

she glanced at her phone while doing her homework. she debated if she should check the notification, or continue her homework.

y/n sighed and grabbed the phone.

sunghoon
i need to talk to you

##~*

sunghoon and y/n were standing in front of each other awkwardly at a park near their school. both of them a bit cold while trying to warm up in their jackets.

sunghoon cleared his throat before speaking, "so.. i think you probably already know but.."

he found it difficult to get the words out of his mouth, it felt as if they were stuck in his throat.

y/n looked down, "you guys are.. done."

sunghoon let out a big breath, as if he was holding it the whole time. he nodded.

she looked up at him, straight in the eyes. nothing, nothing there. no feelings, no tears, just.. nothing.

he let out a sad chuckled, "i feel bad."

y/n looked at him confused. "bad? why?"

"it feels like i'm using you."

y/n quickly shook her head. "you're n-"

"the only interactions i've had with you were bumping into you, spilling my feelings about.. her.. multiple times, and i've never asked about you, or even wondered if you are okay with helping me with anything at all." he looked down, looking as if he was going to burst into a bunch of different emotions.

y/n stood there, in a little bit of shock. did he just think of that on the spot or was he been thinking about it for awhile?

"if you don't mind me asking.. but why did you guys.. you know.."

"she started liking someone else." sunghoon made eye contact with y/n. "she wanted to be with someone else."

y/n felt a piece of her break. she felt bad because he felt bad, upset, hurt.

she slowly walked closer to him. "are you okay?"

his eyes were now all over the place, the floor, the sky, y/n. he slowly shook his head.

y/n carefully wrapped her arms around his neck. sunghoon froze in shock.

"you'll be okay."

those words made sunghoon tear up, he wasn't planning to cry in front of y/n, but she was already hugging him, saying comforting words, how could a person not cry to this?

he felt hot tears spilled onto his cheeks as he shakily hugged y/n back, resting his head on her shoulder as he sobbed.

y/n just kept hugging him, not only because of his feelings and how upset he was, but she also missed hugging him.

"i'm always here."

##~*

y/n sat in the seat in front of sunghoon, placing down a small, brown bag in front of him.

the café was really warm, both of their jackets were off and they were just sitting down at a table. y/n though it might cheer sunghoon up.. somehow.