Part 2

"You may rise," Queen Lioria's bored tones echoed through the throne room as she addressed Ventar and his friend.

Quentin had managed to arrange a meeting with the queen of the Lunar kingdom. Apparently, you needed an official pass from the queen herself to leave the kingdom. Who knew? Quentin knew all that sort of stuff.

"Your Majesty," Quentin said, his voice trembling from nerves, "We would like your permission to leave the kingdom."

"Is that so?" the queen responded, her gaze drifting lazily through the room, her attention sparse.

"Yes, my queen. We recently found evidence that another land is out there. One where our people used to live. A land with hidden treasures."

Lioria's ears pricked up at the word 'treasure.' "Really?" she inquired, her eyes bright.

"With such a massive crowd of people, they would have to be carrying their belongings and everything they would need to rebuild their kingdom and its economy. They would have no room to carry all of their treasury."

Queen Lioria thought for a moment, and then continued slowly. "Sooo, you need my permission to go there. I need the treasure there to fund my army in case Flandra gets restless. I think there could be a compromise here. If I let you go to this mystery land, you must return with all the artifacts worth anything and whatever is left in their treasury."

"Thank you, Your Majesty," Quentin said, bowing, and shooting daggers with his eyes at Ventar untill he did the same. "You are most gracious, Your Highness. Thank you."

"Thank you, Queen Lioria," Ventar said.

They both left the throne room with wide smiles and dreams of adventure blooming in their minds.

...

"We've been swimming for forever," Quentin said.

It was kinda true. They had left the kingdom about three hours ago, and there stil wasn't any sign of the ancient land. The kingdom of Mermaidia was in the north point of the Bermuda Triangle, and this abandoned city was in the dead center.

"Just shut up and keep moving," Ventar said.

Quentin fell silent. But after about five minutes, he just couldn' hold it in.

"Are we there yet?" he whined.

"Wait, look!" Ventar pointed.

"What is it? Are we really there?!" Quentin practically squealed.

Ventar burst into laughter. Quentin's cheeks flamed. He punched his friend's shoulder, but it only made him laugh harder. He stormed ahead, cresting a hill on the ocean floor.

"Uh, Ventar," Quentin said, "you might want to come see this."

"Yeeeeah, sure," he said. "I bet you found our missing kingdom."

Ventar reached the hill summit and gasped. Below him was the abandoned kingdom.