chapter six [ edited ]

Marinette POV:

I open my eyes to the morning sun shining brightly from the window. I grumble as I twist and turn in the bed, stretching my limbs that have been asleep for 8 hours. I violently push my arms outwards and attempt to stretch them out when-

"OW!" I hear and my eyes jolt open. Chat.  I forgot that he was here. I pull my arms back to me as quickly as I can and then snap my brain to reality. "Chat, are you okay? Oh, no. Did I give you brain damage? Are your ears okay? Did I permanently bend one of them?" 

I frantically look around at his face to see if there's something wrong. When instead he grabs my face and pulls me down to press a kiss onto my forehead. Well, that sure shut me up. When he's done, I pull myself away from him and I can feel a blush creeping up my neck. 

"I didn't hurt you, did I?" I ask as my eyes fill with worry. He smiles at me and shakes his head. "No, though for a second there I thought you fractured my nose." He chuckles and I playfully slap him. He grabs my waist to pull me back to him on the bed. 

"Kitty Cat, I have school soon." I smile at him even though the thought of leaving his arms makes me a little sad. "Soon." He places a kiss on my nose. "How fast can you get ready?" He asks between kisses.

"Twenty minutes at most," I reply after some thought. "Well, then we have twenty minutes to stay here." He said looking at the clock for a moment and then going back to peppering my face with his sweet kisses. 

And so it is, and we do stay there for twenty more minutes until it is time to get ready for school.

--

Adrien POV / At School

Marinette walks into the classroom and her eyes meet with mine. Her pupils jump when she saw me and I smile at her. She looks behind her to see if I smiled at someone else. Silly girl. When she realizes that I smiled at her, she sends a smile back in my direction and goes to take her seat.  

I wonder if she has figured out who Chat Noir is for a moment but then the teacher starts the lesson and I force myself to focus. It's hard to focus. Focusing on anything but Her is something I have to remind myself to do. I've known her for about three days and I'm falling fast. 

I hope she's at the end of the tunnel to greet me and say she fell, too.

--

Marinette's POV / After School

I finally finished my English homework and I pull out my phone. It had dinged earlier signifying someone had texted me, but I decided to look at it after I was done the homework.

Alya had texted me.

4:44 p.m.       Girl !!
4:44 p.m.       Did you see the picture??
4:45 p.m.       DID YOU KISS NATH MARI??

 What happened.

I scroll down and see that she's texted me a picture. It took a while to load but when it did, tears flowed down my cheeks. What if Chat sees this and hates me.

6:39 p.m.      I didn't kiss him Alya. Can you find a way to tell everyone it's fake? I need to get to the bottom of this.

I press send and flop down on my bed. Will Chat believe this is me? Is this the end of our relationship? We're not dating yet and he must already hate me. 

--

Adrien's POV

"What?" Mari kissed Nath? I don't believe this. This can't be her. I don't believe that my princess can do something like this.  I call for Plagg and transform into my superhero self.

"Plagg, Claws Out." I manage to grit out in frustration as he gets sucked into my ring

I jump out of the window. I gotta get to Mari. I can feel that something is wrong with her. She seems a little confused but I won't know for sure until I get to her. I force myself to go faster.

"Hey Mari," I come in from the unlocked trap door. Part of me wants to lecture her for not being careful but this isn't the time. I look at her and see her eyes red from crying.

"Chat." She runs to me. "It's not me, I promise. Someone else edited this photo. I didn't kiss Nathaniel. Please don't hate m-" I cut her off by pressing my lips harshly onto hers. I couldn't let her finish that sentence. I could never hate her.

She melts into the kiss and I can feel her crying against my lips. When we pull apart I pull her closer to me. She cries into my chest as I hold her. I whisper soothing words against the top of her head and turn circles on her back. 

"It'll be okay, Mari. We'll get to the bottom of this. I promise." I whisper trying to calm her down. It's just a picture but she's surprisingly hurt about it. I can tell she doesn't like lies. 

"Princess, I trust you more than I trust myself, so please don't cry. To do that, I'm gonna need you to calm down." I feel the shaking slowing down and she pulls away, her eyes redder and puffier than before.

"I take her face in my arms and kiss away her tears. "I trust you. I love you. Marinette Dupain-Cheng." I tell her between kisses and she cries once more.

"I'm crying from happiness this time," She laughs between her tears and wraps her arms around my neck as we hold each other close.