Jin Chan's eyes widened, "so you're saying that the three sisters are... murderers?"

Jin Ling nodded, "something like that. Because there was never any evidence on the fourth sister's death. However, the three sisters were so set on her death. It's because they wanted the civilians to believe in their curse."

     "What are we going to do?" Jin Chan began panicking, "if... they truly are the ones who killed on October 10th?"

     "Board the house, of course." Jin Ling snarled, "Wait... what day is it today?"

     Jin Chan smiled, "October 10th."

*****

Sizhui frowned, "What is the situation on Town Cheng Du's fierce corpses?"

Shao Qing bit her lips, "I believe that those fierce corpses... are the victims of the three sisters that they'd eaten. The fierce corpses must despise Town Cheng Du for accusing the wrong person, so they want the entire town to suffer. They surround the cliffs so that the three sisters couldn't get out, and also so that the three sisters would become hungry... so hungry that they'd massacre the entire town. Once the entire town is massacred, the fierce corpses will kill the three sisters."

Sizhui nodded, "that is respectably making sense."

Shao Qing frowned, "aren't you worried about Young Master Jin?"

Sizhui nodded, "I am."

Shao Qing sweated, "But.... you don't look worried!"

Sizhui turned around, "I don't?"

     It was then Shao Qing noticed the pale complexion on Sizhui's face. His eyes dimmed with sadness and despair, while his eyebrows scrunched up indifferently. Shao Qing held her breath in exasperation. It seemed as if Sizhui had suffered multiples more than she did.

"I will do something about this!" Shao Qing mustered her courage, "I will make sure to get a group of powerful cultivators to aid our mission. We'll charge into Town Cheng Du and bring back Young Master Jin! While we're at it... we can finally exterminate... the ones that need to be exterminated."

Sizhui completely agreed, "who do you think we should bring?"

     Shao Qing bit her lips, "I know I'm being selfish here but..."

     Sizhui passed her a confused glance, "huh?"

*****

     "So you're invited too, huh." Wei Wuxian dawdled around the edge of the forest. His red ribbon dangled midair, dancing with the wisps of the breeze. A purple whip overwhelmed with sparks of electricity had clenched in the hands of the man beside Wei Wuxian.

Jiang Cheng rolled his eyes, "why wouldn't I be here?"

Wei Wuxian joked, "I'd think you'd be doing naughty deeds with Zewu-Jun somewhere else-"

"Don't say nonsense!" Jiang Cheng's face flushed red as he growled, "why would I set aside the matters of my nephew for romance?"

"You admitted that you have a thing going on with Zewu-Jun!" Wei Wuxian gasped. He then giggled like a gleeful kid. "Lan Zhan! Lan Zhan! Did you hear that?"

Lan Zhan was situated by Wei Wuxian's side, nodding with a small, "mn."

"I heard that too." Xichen poked his head out from behind Jiang Cheng's back, while Zidian roared even more viciously within the night. "When is the Qinghe Nie Sect Leader arriving?" Wei Wuxian asked while twirling Chenqing around a finger, "Nie Huaisang... I haven't seen the dud for a while."

     "I'm not a dud," Nie Huaisang stepped out from the shadows, fanning himself while covering the lower part of his mouth. "But I really don't understand why Lan Sizhui decided to bring me along... I really wouldn't be much of help."

     Wei Wuxian patted his shoulder, "you will be very helpful, Nie-xiong! You're the bait!"

     Nie Huaisang, "..."

     "So," Xichen began, "we've all brought a group of fifteen disciples with us, excluding my brother and my brother-in-law. In total, that'll be 45 disciples. If you add the leaders (us), then there'll be around 50 cultivators. I believe that'll be enough to slaughter the fierce corpses in Town Cheng Du."

     "Mn," Lan Zhan nodded.

     "We'll begin at nightfall." Wei Wuxian declared. "Make sure to bring your talismans, since A-Yuan said something about the fierce corpses having impenetrable bones. Not that I'd want to penetrate one, if you know want I mean-"

     "Wei Wuxian!" Jiang Cheng frowned, "stop joking around!"

     Wei Wuxian quieted down, while Nie Huaisang tried to suppress his giggles behind his fan.

     "Then let's begin the plan." Xichen nodded, and the group of five had split up.

Author's note: Holy moly, guacamole. I just realized I published 5 chapters in a week. Let's give a round of applause for me and hope that I'll add fluff and reunite the ship in the next chapter-

Have a good day/night! Stay safe out there! 🤗